Sold a car but buyer wants to make a deposit

Page 2 / 2
hoarder85, Nov 27, 11:40pm
Out of curiosity, is the buyer Indian (or similar)!

When I have sold items to Indian buyers that will pick up at a later date, they have ALWAYS paid a deposit. They negotiate before they pay the deposit - I have had no negotiations happen after the deal was done so to speak.

Not sure whether this is a cultural thing for them! (paying a deposit in 'good faith').

elect70, Nov 27, 11:44pm
Dont see a problembenefits both parties , seller cant sell it to someone else if they offer more&he hasdeposit ifbuyer doesnt front up with the rest, keep deposituntil sold then deduct costs & refund rest . Buyer may be getting some $ together .

friendly_prawn, Nov 27, 11:50pm
yayyyyy a sensible post.exactly woodrow. ]
Only it doesnt work that way. :-(
Although I suggest any sensible person would expect your comment to be logical, most vendors of auctioned cars wont allow you to inspect once the auction has closed.Your supposed to be prepared to take a risk that it hasn't suffered any major damage between the time you first inspected and the time you hand over your hard earned cash.
Crazy eh!

And i haven't even gone in to the situation where it is often impracticable or in fact impossible to inspect pre auction, but that would open an entirely different can of worms which I don't have time for now.

elect70, Nov 27, 11:52pm
And I agree with FP i once bought car on auctioninspected it first but when I came with the $$ he had swapped the goodalloy rims for some old crappy ones , so i walked away from it with the cash still in my pocket .He claimed he explained that to me when i looked at it ,lying turd

kiwicon, Apr 13, 2:13pm
lol, i had close to the same situation. feedback says it all.

oogie (99 )16 Oct 2006 kiwicon was the buyer
(#71632581)

Well I can only say that was most disapointed You ph me to check what was in the car body and then you used the buy now option But don't spoil it for any other people who may have wanted it if you were not going to finish trade and stuff busy people around
trader responded: 12 Dec 2006
I sent someone to have a look at it - you guys were still stripping parts off it after the sale was completed, and you give me bad feedback!

______________________________-

They had stripped off the parts I purchased the car for.