Breakdown help falcon

ryderc, Jan 23, 3:10am
I've lent my car to friends for road trip and its broken down. Its lpg auii falcon. and apparently it lost power and stopped on a hill. There apparently was water leaking in the passenger footwell area prior to breaking down as well.

There is water and oil in the car and the engine doesn't seem overhot nor reads as overhot. Apparently the car starts and shortly after starting it stops again.

Any tips on getting it started!

ryderc, Jan 23, 3:12am
There has also been heavy rain as well

incar., Jan 23, 3:23am
have you checked for spark, injector pulse and fuel!

barbuzz, Jan 23, 4:10am
If it still has a petrol tank, put petrol in it. Of course remember to switch it over to petrol as well. Just hope the battery doesn't go flat before the petrol gets through.

ryderc, Jan 23, 4:10am
I am not with the car its 140km from home. They wouldnt know how to check spark, injector pulse and have said there is about 1/4 tank of gas in it.

They were certain there was not coolant in the water and it wasn't hot.

My brother is a mechanic and is heading down there to see what he can do but I don't think he is familiar with lpg setups.

ryderc, Jan 23, 4:12am
I'm hoping I don't have to go down there but it looks like I might, of course I am the only one who has an aa plus membership

ryderc, Jan 23, 4:14am
Its a factory lpg car, no petrol tank. I am wondering if its somehow gotten water in the tank or lines or an airlock

the_chooky, Jan 23, 3:01pm
Na. sounds like it's out of gas.