Urgent need a motorbike to rent tomorrow!

primary_colours, Nov 29, 11:09pm
I am asking on behalf of my partner - Urgently need 250cc max motorbike to sit full licence on tomorrow by 9am in Wellington. Can pick up from Kapiti, Hutt, Wellington areas. The rental company booked with have cancelled the booking at the last minute and if we can't find a bike to sit it on he will have to pay to sit the test again :( Will pay up to $150 for rental from 8am - 12 noon.Can provide ID or references etc for peace of mind.Please reply to this thread or email moving.castle@live.com, I will be checking emails throughout the day.

robbo36, Nov 29, 11:28pm
Have you tried a motorcycle dealer! They may hire you a bike or your partner could take one for a test ride and then use for the test! Just athought.

bitsy_boffin, Nov 30, 12:56am
Post at Kiwibiker, somebody will probably loan you one.

countrypete, Nov 30, 1:30am
Call Wellington Motorcycles, ask for Clint.I think(!) they have a bike for rent for exactly this purpose and way less than $150!

countrypete, Nov 30, 1:31am
Honesty would be a good thing.

primary_colours, Apr 18, 3:50pm
Thanks guys for your suggestions, by some miracle after trying heaps of dealers (who either had one that wasn't road legal or already booked or had several that were over 250cc) we found someone at one of the scooter shops whose girlfriend has one he can borrow. Thanks so much for your help :)