Advice please. I have a mazda marvie with a seized engine the garage has said its dead which is fine the wreckers have offered m

epmills, Jan 22, 9:49pm
I have a Mazda Marvie with a seized engine .the Garage has said its dead ,which is fine .
The wreckers have offered me $200 for the complete car
BUT it had just got a brand new warrant before it crapped out so I know the tyres are good for at least six months plus i had just replaced the fuel injectors which cost $65 each .I know nothing about cars though .so how can I get more money for it .
What is the process for selling parts .plus I dont want someone to just come take the tyres as it will then be stuck on the road .any help please !

lyonruge, Jan 22, 11:33pm
A new WOF, does not mean the tyres are good for six months, it means they passed on the day it was checked.

epmills, Jan 23, 11:01am
also means ,.that as the tread has notchanged due to the car not being able to move because it has a seized motor .that the tyres would pass the next WOF because the the tread would have been of the same condition as the original WOF .but hey thanks for yourcomment !put a bit of thought into the next one Champ ,I asked for Advice .not " CSI tyre "

franc123, Jan 23, 11:16am
Get another motor for it and get it put in, I'm guessing its the 2.6L EFI petrol, they aren't that hard to get and aren't particularly hard to change over, get your new injectors swapped in too of course. ANY 4x4 is worth a crapload more than $200, going or not.What else are you going to replace it with for the amount of money that will fix it!People want $2K for stuffed old Suzuki Jeeps these days that are borderline roadworthy.

epmills, Jan 23, 8:50pm
I agree with you entirely .unfourtunatley I dont have the skills to replace an Engine and the Garage has quoted me 4 grand .so I guess someone will get a bargin if they have the Knowledge

Cheers

iginoi, Jan 23, 9:18pm
Haha nice! I agree with the $1res suggestion, also have a look through the 'car parts wanted' section you may have luck there.

franc123, Jan 27, 4:45pm
Thats excessive for simply swapping in a second hand engine, get another opinion.Based on what you have described I still think it is worth fixing.