Suzuki Escudo/vitara suspension lift kit

brentssv8, Jan 21, 8:39am
I have a 91 vitara 3 door, std suspension, wanting to see if there is an off the shelf front strut along with a higher spring that will lift it by 2 inch, rears are telyscopic (sp) so just need to match some thing with longer travel. cheers.
front end is macpherson strut,

zephyrheaven, Jan 21, 8:48am
Calmini is the go, but yes you can lift it with off the shelf front springs (done heaps of them) if you go too high the cv's die very fast without a calmini diff kit. outstanding 4x4 they are

brentssv8, Jan 21, 9:20am
so just do front springs and leave std shocks in it!

zephyrheaven, Jan 21, 9:24am
Yip, rear shocks will be too short tho unless aftermarket

brentssv8, Jan 21, 9:25am
sweet cheers for your help!

brentssv8, Jan 22, 9:56pm
Thanks will give that a go

pico42, Jan 22, 11:17pm
Put the rear springs from a holden commodore (about vl) in the front and flip the strut hat over to get 50mm lift up front.

Put nissan c33 laurel rear springs with holden commodore shocks (I think.) to get 50mm lift in the rear.

You will also need to put a 50mm spacer between the rear diff and its locating A arm and camber adjustment bolts in the fornt struts.

It can also be a good idea to drop the front diff to restore the CV angles. There are several companies that make these - calmini, bits4vits are two off the top of my head.

Search the suzuki forum of the Off Road Express website. Specifically a thread labelled Cheap Vitara Lift.

unideck, Jan 23, 6:18am
5 door springs will only give you a 35mm lift. As above flip the front hats over, you will need to cut off the original captive nuts along with re drilling the original holes (go 8.5mm for clearance) then get yourself some M8x30 8.8 tensile bolts. If you go for the 5 door springs then fit some Holden HQ rear shocks, this will give the extra travel required. That said the factory shock do have an extra 50mm in them unused but better to have the extra up your sleeve ;).

brentssv8, Jan 30, 3:44pm
cool thanks for the help, good sat job, then mud and fun sat/sun