Suzuki Escudo vs Honda Crv

franc123, Sep 10, 11:40am
One is a proper 4x4 and one isn't. How that affects you is going to depend on what you expect it to do. Much more info needed.

kazbanz, Sep 10, 7:24pm
welderman-whats the vehicle being used for?
The crv us basicly a tall Honda accord "all wheel drive" aimed for use on snow or dirt roads. Comfortable to drive.
Escudo is a small "real" offroad 4wd.
You might as well throw the Toyota Rav 4 in there too which kinda goes down the middle of the two

tamarillo, Sep 10, 7:26pm
Year you're looking at? Many different models of each.

mals69, Sep 10, 11:39pm
Honda everytime - suzuki in question heap
of shite - weak timing chains and heads.

franc123, Sep 11, 12:44am
Lol a confident answer given you have no idea what year or engine is in question, timing chain problems are specific to the earlier V6. Like what was said earlier much more info needed.

mals69, Sep 11, 12:54am
If you want to split tacks on the degree of shite between
each model of suzuki be my guest. Know plenty with
4 cylinder models that have had problems.
The question was Honda or Suzuki - Suzuki should
not even be mentioned in the same sentence as Honda.
If you think suzuki has the same engineering/build quality
as Honda I'll give the confident point that you are half as
good of a mechanic than you think you are !

zak410, Sep 11, 1:39am
The point is that if OP want to do some serious 4WDing the CRV would then be useless, as others have said, more info needed.

richardmayes, Sep 11, 2:14am
Serious 4WDers generally know the difference between softroaders and real 4x4s.

So presumably the OP is not a serious 4WDer and the CR-V might be suitable fortheir needs?

msigg, Sep 11, 5:21am
The old 2.0ltr CRV is a very good engine, will do 300k easy if you do the servicing on it. Auto box on the crv is not as good as some but if looked after will last to 300k as well.

neville48, Sep 11, 7:08am
Its obvious that the 4wd use is not that heavy or the question would not have been asked so I guess the shiny Honda should win.

mals69, Sep 12, 12:23am
LMFAO - spot the chimer in that has 5/8ths of .ark all car knowledge !

toppo1, Sep 12, 2:22am
All depends on the model of Suzuki.
Ive owned a mid nineties 1600 4cylinder 5 speed and a 2001 2 litre 4 cylinder auto. Both were 5 door.
Both ok in my opinion.
Make sure the 1600 has had extractors fitted as they are prone to cracking heads when the factory exhaust manifold cloggs up.
The 2001 Grand Vitara i had was much nicer to drive on the open road than the earlier 1600 shape and had the benefit of extra power.
The 1600 was good enough off road and around town but not the best to travel at open road speeds in, bit light and underpowered.

Have no expierience with the CRV other than driving one once, had 280kms on it and still drove quite well

pico42, Jul 6, 9:03am
Correction: The question was Suzuki Escudo or Honda CRV. Both 4WD's, but one a true 4WD and the other a soft roader. Hence the questions about its likely use.
How did your contribution help answer the overall question?