Suzuki Quad has issues help!

hoonin, Jan 26, 7:02am
2000 Eiger ltf400 running fine until it rained hard for three days now it wont rev up. ive pulled out the air filter and its clogged up with oil and water. the air box is a quarter filled with water but it still wont rev up even with the air filter out. tried it with choke and no choke. it seem to rev a little more with choke though. anyone got any ideas!

wackmac, Jan 26, 7:03am
Water in the gear box!

hoonin, Jan 26, 7:07am
uhh really how would that make it not rev!

robinm1, Jan 26, 7:23am
Drain the fuel ( and water) from the carb, replace the air filter (from memory they are a paper filter arn't they), drain and replace the fuel in the fuel tank and put a bit of meths in the fuel to absorb any water that may still be lurking around, and it should be all good to go again.

hoonin, Jan 26, 7:29am
the have the foam filter ill give a go now cheers

neell, Jan 26, 8:34am
wash the filter out with petrol - DON"T FORGET TO REOIL IT. The advice to drain the carb is also very sound

kazbanz, Jan 26, 9:18am
A pply the kiss principle. -Get rid of ALL the water out of the airbox. Drain the carb.Blow out the plug cap. I'd also run some petrol out of the tandk into a clear jar and see if it is fuel

m16d, Jan 26, 9:51am
Ha ha ha.

hoonin, Jan 26, 9:53am
well i put some meths in the fuel tank then i removed the carb pulled it apart took out all needles and blew them out and soaked in meths then blew out again. re-fitted to bike with the air filter off and it started mint and revved up nice for about a min then started doing it again. might have to take it to bike shop damm it!

doriandarby, Jan 26, 10:00am
Dont give up just yet. sounds like you are on track, maybe still some residual water in the tank and/or fuel lines.See if you can use compressed air to blow out the carb (in case you were putting your lips around the venturi and blowing like a $10 hooker :))

skin1235, Jan 26, 10:03am
take the fuel cap off and try again

hoonin, Jan 26, 10:06am
i even felt like a hooker too.ok too dark now cant see ill try in the morning thanks for your help

doriandarby, Jan 26, 10:09am
if you can get it on a trailer you're more than welcome to bring it round my place in greerton - i'm no expert mechanic but I like mucking around with motors, and have a fair few tools.no charge, just like the challenge.

email me at {myusername}@gmail.com if you want to arrange something

hoonin, Jan 26, 10:11am
ok cool ill see what tomorrow brings

rod525, Jan 26, 6:44pm
There is a drain plug on the carb, open it until there is only fuel coming out.

hoonin, Feb 10, 2:00am
thanks all i left some meths in the tank overnight and its now starting mint with and without choke ive tried it 6 times at different times of the day and no problems at all. i found the drain hole in the airbox was blocked and thats why it was filled with water, which got sucked up the carb.