Suzuki ignis sport or holden commodore v6!

skyline_guy_r34, Jan 4, 8:11am
Moving to Perth next month. Looking on gumtree for a car to buy. Im a holden man at heart had a few of them now.

Looking at vt/vx v6 manual for around 5-7k.

Or on the other hand have found a 2005 suzuki ignis sport. Never seen one before but they look like good fun.

0-100 times are fairly comparable, Yet to drive a suzuki ignis though for comparisson but have read they have plenty of pep for a 1.5L. Not really sure if I need a big comfortable cruisey car like a commodore in perth or if I can suffice with a little peppy nana car.

Thoughts!

And other options for cars around 6k mark in manual (in WA prices)

scotty20001, Jan 4, 8:30am
the Suzuki wont even be a patch on a VX.

skyline_guy_r34, Jan 4, 8:32am
Thats funny because both claim 0-100 in 8.9seconds.

Like i said im a holden man. have owned more than my fair share of them. but im open minded to other cars that will do the job also

alimac1, Jan 4, 8:41am
But the Ignis is an arse dragger. At least a Commie drives the right set of wheels.

thejazzpianoma, Jan 4, 8:48am
I havn't driven an ignis but going on the likes of the Swift I would definitely drive one before getting carried away.

Not sure whether people are just getting caught up in the product placement and marketing hype Suzuki have created or what but I find them horribly over rated. The Suzuki's of the age I have driven have been an acceptable driving experience but no more, and nothing like what you could be enjoying for the money.

Now that said. Aussie is quite different to us in terms of vehicle pricing. If the ignis is available for chicken feed compared to what else is available then sure why not. every car has its price.

mugenb20b, Jan 4, 9:07am
I haven't driven the Sport model, but I have driven the AWD 5 door Ignis (same as Holden Cruze). I actually liked it, not as comfortable as the Commodore, but the build quality was better in my opinion. Easy to get in and out of, easy to park, very user friendly.

skyline_guy_r34, Jan 4, 9:09am
What engine does that have! The ignis sport has a 1.5L with short geared 5 speed manual FWD. Supposed to make it quite a little revvy fun car to chuck around. Id imagine different to the AWD!

skyline_guy_r34, Jan 4, 9:09am
Forgot to say its a 2 door model too.

mugenb20b, Jan 4, 9:14am
The AWD was a 1.5 litre attached to the auto box. It went very well for what it was, but I didn't push it very hard. I had more interest in finding out its off road capability, but I couldn't as it wasn't mine.

mugenb20b, Jan 4, 9:15am
OK, sorry, never driven that one.

thejazzpianoma, Jan 4, 9:18am
Yeah. but you drive lots of mobile desensitory chambers. and probably watch golf on television.

Nah, fair enough, I will give it the benefit of the doubt then.

tigra, Jan 4, 9:19am
We had one of these (Cruze AWD) for 5 years and 100K , Went well but the AWD gearboxes have issues

bubbles244, Jan 4, 5:27pm
there's a VY series II v6 lowered on 18's in red for 6500 on gumtree. in Adelaide.
just bought a 6.2 litre maloo for 23 000 aus, so i have something to drive when we get over there.

countrypete, Jan 4, 8:29pm
The Ignis was a model prior to the new generation Swift, and the 1.5 sport went like a cut cat for its size - in fact is quicker than the newer Swift Sport 1.6.Downside is ride comfort as they have very firm suspension.It's definitely 2wd, and I think they were only made in 5spd.They have a roomy passenger cabin but a very small boot.To compare it with a Commodore is difficult, as they are poles apart in what they were designed for.

kazbanz, Jan 4, 8:45pm
OP --heck you almost could not have more dissimilar vehicles.
In my opinion they are both pretty good cars but fit for different purposes.
if its a nippy,economical town car you need then go the suzuki. If its a comfortable mile eater you want then go the commy.

skyline_guy_r34, Jan 4, 9:21pm
Unfortunately as you will probably know different states have different vehicle licencing. For me to bring a car into WA from another state I have to have owned it for more than 12 months. So the only way for me to buy a car from another state is to find one that someone has owned for over 12 months, get them to freight it over in and relicence in perth under their name and then sell it to me. Too much hassles.