The new ridiculously over priced car champ of TM!

Page 1 / 2
brokebloke1, Dec 6, 5:12am
hell yes its way overpriced theres a series 1 RX7 just around the corner from my house they want as from sat $12000 I think this is overpriced been for sale for months.

crzyhrse, Dec 6, 5:16am
Gotta love a tryer! He's just daggling it out there hoping there's some mug who will take the bait.

magicmat, Dec 6, 5:16am
Bit of an insane price tag for that. Hell, personally I wouldnt touch it for quarter of that price. I see they have commented about the price being correct so I guess there have been a few questions regarding whether the price is serious. No thanks.

monaro_xxx, Dec 6, 5:17am
wonder if he's related to the $970,000 camaro owner.

purple666, Dec 6, 5:20am
*Genuine low mileage! at 143,000km, surely not.

matarautrader, Dec 6, 5:21am
He needs to put a Buy Now of what its really worth on it. Say $400.00. It has scratches, paint and clear coat fade, chips off the bumper, but has had NO expense spared on this baby. A real bargain.

thunderbolt, Dec 6, 5:23am
I can't believe he used the word bargain in the advert.
Maybe he is unaware if the meaning of the word!

saffa2, Dec 6, 5:25am
$54,500 too expensive.

ninja_man, Dec 6, 5:26am
this car was advertised before at 14k, why has it increased to 54k! lol

fordcrzy, Dec 6, 5:47am
it needs paint and a tidy.hell they were only 12K when they were "new" imports back in the mid 90's.i nearly bought one(supercharged,blue one).i think it was 13,999 and it was MINT

loonee-dial-111, Dec 6, 5:51am
Hah yes
First thing I thought when I read 'no expenses spared' was 'what about a paint job!'

ninja_man, Dec 6, 5:55am
"someone will surely get a bargain"thats the best part

franc123, Dec 6, 5:57am
Its either been sold and he doesn't want to pull the classified before expiry or else there is some smoking or sniffing or mainlining of something going on.Its a 23yo example of an only averagely deslrable Jap car that is clearly an unfinished project.Even if it was perfect in every way it still isn't worth half that.

tgray, Dec 6, 6:53am
Since he mentions the price, it is not a typo.
Let's see what you can get for this money. a 370Z! . new shape camaro! .entry level Ferarri!.
No one in NZ will buy this car! Paint fade, scratches, chips, interior needs a tidy, etc etc.
Come on, this is being silly!

tgray, Dec 6, 6:56am
Maybe he bought it for $14K and wants to make $40K profit!

jason18, Dec 6, 6:57am
for that kind of money I would at least want to see 20 photos on his advert

alimac1, Dec 6, 6:59am
His missus probably said he had to sell it, so he's "trying" to do so.

ninja_man, Dec 6, 7:03am
haha, well the photo's are the same

a.woodrow, Dec 6, 7:07am
He has been trying to sell it for a long time. the previous owner actually posted a link to it here a month or two back

aragorn2003, Dec 6, 7:08am
Hes an enthusiast . that explains it

pollymay, Dec 6, 7:20am
Pretty sure that's my old car. The paint fade isn't that bad, it used to come up pretty nice, the engine bay has some polished alloy and whatnot which looks nice, all new gaskets etc and I always tried to keep it in alright shape, tracked it at pukekohe, used to rev limit it in the twisties so I'd probably look at you sideways if you said I was a careful one lady owner type even if I do maintain my cars well.

tigra, Dec 6, 7:22am
I thought he was asking $58,000

tigra, Dec 6, 7:23am
OOOH I get you.

jcwholesale, Dec 6, 7:27am
TM have just put a $10.00 fee for early withdrawal on classified & auctions. Easiest way is to overprice the car so it doesnt sell & just leave it there

neville48, Dec 6, 8:10am
And the great thing is, when/if you miss out on this one because of the obvious rush this car will generate, he has another one in the photo to sell the "loser", possibly for around the same price yathink !