If you do nothing else for you car.

Page 1 / 3
tgray, Dec 6, 7:01am
Change your friggin oil!
So many cars I see with oil that has not been changed in years!
As black as black can be. When oil is the same price as a feed for two at McDonalds, there's no excuse for risking permanent engine damage!
Can never get my head around it.

bmwnz, Dec 6, 7:05am
hmmm Oil change $80, meal for 2 at McD $10. ;)

However, you are completely correct. Regular oil changes = happy engine = longevity = happy owner.

mugenb20b, Dec 6, 7:05am
I totally agree. I see this kind of thing daily. One of our best customers who is a millionaire is so busy with his hobby, that he "forgets" to service his brand new Landcruisers, or his horse truck. 30 000kms oil changes if you're lucky.

morrisman1, Dec 6, 7:05am
some people wouldn't even know that engines had oil.

mugenb20b, Dec 6, 7:07am
More like $40. But, I only eat take aways once every two months.

morrisman1, Dec 6, 7:13am
you cant even get a big mac for $5, and Id hardly call that a meal. To fill me up I need to spend about $15 at maccas, and Im a skinny bugger

franc123, Dec 6, 7:20am
changed it for ya :)

r15, Dec 6, 7:32am
a lot of people genuinely have no idea it needs changing -

they check the dipstick or occaisionally ask someone at a petrol station to help, if its low they buy a litre from the shop, tip the lot in, then drive for another few months & repeat

alternatively some people will wait for the 'oil low' (oil pressure) light to come on then 'top it up'

bmwnz, Dec 6, 7:37am
LOL. I can't even get through a Big Mac, but the dog seems to handle the remainders ok.

mugenb20b, Dec 6, 7:42am
You're kidding, right! Two Big Macs, two cheese burgers, large chips, a large Coke and an apple pie are just enough for a meal. Half an hour later, I get hungry again.

henderson_guy, Dec 6, 8:13am
Cars have oil!

biddy6, Dec 6, 8:19am
Dipstick!, what does it do.

henderson_guy, Dec 6, 8:20am
Drives the car!

franc123, Dec 6, 8:21am
Mitsi owners call it magic smokey smokey stuff.

henderson_guy, Dec 6, 8:22am
As a mitsi owner, and a (albeit smokey) Fuso driver, I resent that!

familiadude, Dec 6, 8:24am
I wonder who holds the record for most ks without a oil change

blenheim-trader, Dec 6, 8:25am
Err shouldn't that be blue smoke as black indicates an over rich mixture !

henderson_guy, Dec 6, 8:26am
Where does it say smoke! I think you will find he is talking of the colour of the oil!

urbanrefugee54, Dec 6, 8:29am
I change my nissan safari every time I get diesel miles @ 10,000. should do it at 5,000 but 2 filters & 10litres are dear enough. everytime I go to do the partners van - it rains.

franc123, Dec 6, 8:31am
knew that would get a bite!

tgray, Dec 6, 8:34am
You can get 4 litres of oil for under $20 and a filter for $12.
I stand by my comparison.

brokebloke1, Dec 6, 8:39am
I have and alway do change my oil and filters every 10000km if it needs doing or not.

clark20, Dec 6, 8:43am
8.4L Castrol Edge 5-30W $100, HD filter $40. Thats a lot of McDonalds. Change every 15,000km just as Holden want.

rob_man, Dec 6, 8:45am
Some vehicles have a constant oil change going on. A fresh litre every week or so.

ninja_man, Dec 6, 8:48am
thats if you do it yourself (which 95% of people cant do)