Dashboard Warning Light

jaxeus, Feb 3, 6:20am
Hi, my '92 Toyota Marino Sprinter is showing an orange dashboard warning light. It's a car with three small lines coming out of where my exhaust pipes are. Anyone know for sure what this is warning me about!

Can't seem to find my manual. Thanks!

bigracket, Feb 3, 6:23am
Cat converter maybe!

mechnificent, Feb 3, 6:24am
I'd say it means your car is misfiring and the exhaust is getting too hot.

How is the car running!

jaxeus, Feb 3, 6:25am
Thanks, I'll look it up. The internet is not being specifically helpful at the moment.

bendean, Feb 3, 6:25am
means the cat converter blocked but could also b that the sensor is done or disconnected

jaxeus, Feb 3, 6:28am
The car is running well enough. My CD player has been resetting a fair bit while I'm driving recently. What do you mean by misfiring! I'm not really very car savvy. There are two sets of three lines (not parallel) coming out of the back of the car in the warning light. One set on each side.

jaxeus, Feb 3, 6:31am
Is that definitely the right warning light! I googled cat converter warning light and it's not showing the one on my dashboard.

bendean, Feb 3, 6:34am
your brake lights etc park lights working!

jaxeus, Feb 3, 6:35am
Yep my brake lights are working fine. It's a manual car. All of my rear lights are working.

bendean, Feb 3, 6:38am
give us a link i wana c a pic of this light

jaxeus, Feb 3, 6:39am
Ok I'll be a few mins to take a photo and load it. Thank you :)

bendean, Feb 3, 6:40am
sweet as

dent, Feb 3, 6:40am
sounds like a stop/park warning light.

mechnificent, Feb 3, 6:41am
Yeah, it does sound like brake lights actually.

bendean, Feb 3, 6:42am
yea thats what i thort but rekonz they working fine!

bendean, Feb 3, 6:46am
looking at that its definately lights wot bout your headlights park, lights and high beams

jaxeus, Feb 3, 6:50am
Hahaha ok. so I asked her to pump the brakes and I checked the lights. Initially, we assumed it was my brake lights because it seemed befitting of the image. I have two bulbs on either side, she didn't realise that and thought they were all good because she saw light on both sides.

The right-most brake-light bulb on the left side is out. Thanks so much for your help, I apologise for the confusion and inconvenience.

bendean, Feb 3, 6:55am
sweet as mate

taipan4, Feb 3, 6:57am
cat converter ! convert cat to what a tiger. just kidding catalytic

solarboy, Feb 3, 8:37am
Better get some fuel soon or you'll have a real inconvenience .

phillip.weston, Mar 6, 3:05pm
usually that light would come on when you apply the brakes rather than stay on all the time.