EL Falcon help

s.patete, Feb 4, 9:58pm
When sitting at lights for a small period of time the revs will fluctuate, they might go up slightly and the car will try to lurch forward or they will drop and flutter around 4-500rpm for a second or 2 then come back up.Its smooth as while driving even cruising at constant revs. Can anyone shed some light on this for me please.

brokebloke1, Feb 4, 10:05pm
spray throttle body cleaner ( supercheap has it ) into throttle body as it may have a carbon build up in it

s.patete, Feb 4, 10:53pm
Thanks biker I have 2 out of 4 symptoms for ISCV, will clean out this weekend.

fordguy17, Feb 5, 1:03am
Ah good to see another Fordmodder Biker! I was just about the post the same link. Also you may need to adjust your TPS (throttle position sensor) to the right voltage so the car doesn't think it's driving while it isn't.

fordcrzy, Feb 5, 1:21am
i got just over $1000 for my genuine XF sportpac wagon. that had rego on hold and needed some engine work so you'd get that for an el

chris_051, Feb 5, 3:42am
The same thing was happening in my old AU. You can clean the ICV out and hope for the best. They aren't cheap but you could source one from Aussie/ebay.com.au cheaper than here. I disconnected mine and didn't worry about it. Fuel consumption or power wasn't affected, revs just dropped at idle when there was a load placed on the engine (air con, turning the steering wheel).

mellisa2000, Mar 14, 3:12pm
#1, have you replaced the battery very recently!