Loking for my old Ford Pop Hotrod

v8mad2, Dec 15, 6:37am
Anyone know where this is , last sold to someone in Dunedin in about 1995. Was the first car built by Balclutha panel beater Jeff Marshall. All steel , roof chop , steel tilt front , 34 ford style dash.
Set up for small block ford. Would like any info on any owners after 1995 and any info on it's current location.
Photos at http://flic.kr/ps/26Ko1L

twink19, Dec 15, 6:46am
nice car

sfw4, Dec 15, 8:41am
similar one here in Levin early 2000s

morrisjvan, Dec 15, 9:08pm
ugh! twin headlights.

NZTools, Dec 16, 12:17am
Rego number is in one of the pics. that is all you need to fine the last/current registered owner.

gooddealz2, Dec 16, 12:48am
Rego comes up as never used.

jason18, Dec 16, 2:32am
Pet hate is modded headlights and brake lights. Love em original!. Other than that love pops!

joanie32, Dec 16, 11:02pm
Have you asked on HZHR forum! Someone there is bound to know

v8mad2, Dec 16, 11:12pm
Thats my next move. Have to register to do that ,did that thursday still waiting for a replie from them!

whqqsh, Dec 16, 11:28pm
Ive been keeping an eye out for my old Pop 'Lil Jaffa', sold to a guy in Kaiwaka-Te Hana area.

v8mad2, Dec 17, 12:04am
Yea there must be a lot of old hot rods sitting around in peoples garages that other keen hot rodders would like return back on the road

lookoutas, Dec 17, 12:22am
I've had a search out for my Mk1 Z, but if I posted a pic, the headlight & tail-light police would criticize my design flair.

Used NZHR to track down a past owner of my RS Camaro, but haven't been able to get any further than the fact he sold it to a guy from Waihi.

Might upload some pics and add them.

les6, Dec 17, 7:06am
know someone else looking for his old 327 chev hillman minx from upper hutt!

blond1968, Dec 20, 7:54am
i think i remember it .Was it yellow some time .

lordv81, Dec 20, 7:50pm
Was it orange with brown guards,ran a v6 and had chrome roh style mags!

whqqsh, Dec 21, 3:01am
yeah, I was in the process of tidying it up & was satin black until I decided a final colour, sold it & just after found out it was lil jaffa, funnily enough a guy I now know also owned it & sold it to the guy i got it off

urbanrefugee54, Dec 21, 3:54am
an ex bf took my beloved mk3 pole climbing in the 80's. fatal for the car & he was drunk at the time.

lordv81, Dec 21, 4:11am
whqqsh wrote:

yeah, I was in the process of tidying it up & was satin black until I decided a final colour, sold it & just after found out it was lil jaffa, funnily enough a guy I now know also owned it & sold it to the guy i got it off[/quot
Sounds like the one my brother owned at one stage in Papakura,I thought it was called "old'jaffa" but could be wrong.It had been in NZ hot rod back in the day.
It gave me 3 degree burns when it over heated at the bay park drags one year.I went to slowly take the radiator cap off,but as soon as i moved it the cap flew off and the steam went up my leather jacket sleeve.That was the lasttime I borrowed that car for the weekend!

lordv81, Dec 21, 4:15am
Was that mk1 a gold colour with wierd tail lights graftted on from an MG or something!

iman007, Dec 21, 6:15am
what are the pops worth nowadays, i had one as well in the early 70s, started doing it up, then women started appearing in my life, cars vs sex, cars lost out, dam, the hairy magnet!

iman007, Dec 21, 6:42am
will make a nice ride, looks identical to my old one,but the one i owned was all original.

nala2, Dec 21, 8:50pm
When they say "widened 140 mm" how do they do that!

rob_man, Dec 21, 9:02pm
Section it right up the centre and weld a strip into the gap. You can see the floor pan has been rebuilt so it becomes quite simple to widen the outer shell while there's no floor in it.