ALL AUSSIE CAR SHOW

Page 2 / 4
fordmfp, Jan 24, 11:42pm
Great stuff mate! Im very partial to them aswell!

kiwitracy, Jan 24, 11:53pm
XR8 Ute "Beast" should be there!Along with a few of his mates from the FPV/ Tickford club!

fordmfp, Jan 25, 4:50am
Sweet, I knew some of the FPV club was coming which is great! They have some very nice rides

hfc2, Jan 25, 5:01am
Great idea got a mint big block xb fairmont, we need to organise an all aussie day down south. Good luck with your event

fordmfp, Jan 25, 7:16am
Sounds nice, One of my mates has a 429 XC which goes well! Gotta love the Bigblocks

fordmfp, Jan 31, 7:04pm
Hi Guys, Looks like there will begenuine Phase 3 GTHO at the show which you dont want to miss!

fair_lane, Jan 31, 9:50pm
Mk 2 Zephyr ute OK! Cheers.

sunwest, Feb 1, 7:39am
Would love to bring the fc van and eh ute but to far away and can't drive two at once.

fordmfp, Feb 1, 7:46am
Hi there Fairlane Yep seeing as the Zephyr was assembled and sold new in NZ that should be fine, We havent really drawn a line in the sand with where a vechicle was designed yet but will sort that before next years event.
Sunwest- Yeah a bit tricky trying to drive both at once but im sure with a bit of Kiwi ingenuity you can sort it cant ya! LOL

fair_lane, Feb 1, 8:20am
Hi Dw. , just being a pain with the question really! Thing is though, Mk 2 Consul & Zephyr utes were unique to Aussie, same with Mainline coupe utilities thru to '59, they were not built in the UK or Nth America respectively so I guess they are eligible. Same with a Vauxhall Vagabond EIP convertible, Aussie only. Not like you'll get flooded with them though! Mate's got a Morris Major and an Austin Freeway too, see you on the day. Lol.

fordmfp, Feb 1, 6:48pm
Hey Fairlane, Well it looks like i just found the person thats deciding which cars are eligable to enter the show! LOL.If you can get in touch with me mate to give some info that would be greatly appreciated! You can get my contact details off facebook if you search "All Aussie car day" or "Manawatu Ford Club". So i have to ask do you have a Fairlane! Cheers

fordmfp, Dec 15, 6:32am
Hi Guys
The 1st annual All Aussie car day will be run on Saturday the 3rd of March 2012 in Palmerston North on the railwayland Main street from
10:00am-2:00pm. It is open to all Australian cars Ford/Chrysler/Holden etc and there will be trophys for the best of each make. There is a $5 entry fee for show cars and a gold coin donation for spectators. We are fundraising for the Starship foundation which we think is a VERY worthy charity. there will be entertainment for the kids and food and drink available. Come along and make this a great day. Proudly organised by the Manawatu Ford club.

chris_051, Dec 15, 8:53am
Is there a link to the event! Cheers

fordmfp, Dec 15, 11:33pm
Hi there

No sorry mate we havent got a website yet as this is our first year but there is an event started for it on facebook that you should be able to find and also on the NZFordforums, We also have flyers posted up around the central north island in garages,repcos etc.
Cheers

cuda.340, Dec 15, 11:53pm
racecars allowed!

fordmfp, Dec 16, 12:16am
If its Australian its welcome mate, Its only a show though no driving events.

200sx, Dec 16, 8:56am
Nice one mate - I'll be there with the Clubsport.

brokebloke1, Dec 16, 11:44pm
what about if you have a Australian built ford Capri 3000GT" super roo"
went to a australia day show up in nelson 3 yrs back in one, and was refused entry as they said it had to be a falcon,holden or vailant, I told the guy at the gate for him to get his facts correct as this model capri was only built in Australia. It was oz assembled. again he refused us entry.

lookoutas, Dec 17, 12:08am
Wonder if a Safa Fairmont GT or Chev Monaro will get in!

Good on you guys for organizing this, us Yank Tank owners always get grief about being one-eyed holding the USA Days. A GT Coon turned up at the last Tauranga day and was let in. I heard a lot of comments towards how thick-skinned the owner must be to even bother. Similar for the Firebird owner who parked in on the last All Ford Day in Hamilton! He probably got a buzz, but in reality he/she/it was a dork.

I would say they got it wrong by not letting the Capri in - what if someone turns up in a Cortina Six!

Will definitely pay a visit if in Palmy that weekend.

vtecintegra, Dec 17, 12:11am
What if someone turns up in a Diamante wagon!

You've got to draw a line somewhere.

fordmfp, Dec 17, 1:22am
Capri's cortina's welcome as they were still sold here new and are part of our car culture, Dimante wagon ahhhhh no lol. I think most people will have the common sense to know what the show is about and have a rough idea what cars are suitable. there is lots of all American days so we just thought we would do something for the aussie cars as there is a huge range of nice aussie muscle cars out there. cheers guys

rustihammer, Dec 17, 2:41am
Sounds Great!We need more aussie car appreciation! Will be there for sure.

diga6, Dec 17, 9:53am
bro looking forward to this.count us in. and as he said its on the www.nzfordforum.com, any people from the naki keen on cruz'n down to this event!

fordmfp, Dec 22, 8:07pm
Hey guys, For the Chrysler fans we have confirmed 4 genuine E49's will be at the All Aussie day, 1 has a genuine 18,000Miles on the clock! So if you love your Chryslers come along and have a look, It will be a great day.
Cheers

fair_lane, Feb 1, 8:08pm
Should have kept my mouth shut - again! You called me earlier in the week, I'll give you a shout back direct rather than through here. Cheers.