What you pay for a 1989 skyline

Page 2 / 2
sifty, Feb 7, 8:03pm
I dunno, I'm continually surprised at what the numbnuts BR crowd pay for old crapboxes. Probably because they are rear wheel drive and they imagine by demonstrating their awesome drift skills around the streets, somehow impossibly hot women will notice them and drop their knickers.

Sadly in reality, they fruitlessly cruise round with their spotty mates, all wearing warehouse satin boxers and lynx body spray while sucking on sugary pre-mixes, and usually end up through a fence or round a pole because they are sh*thouse drivers.

but back on topic, like any car, it is worth what someone will pay for it. Market it right to the right crowd and you will increase the price.

namespace, Feb 8, 1:55am
A genuine GTS should hold it's value quite well considering the similar turbocharged GTS-t can sell for $6,000 upwards.Your one has very reasonable kms for that year, I would think maybe around $2,500+.

doug207, Feb 8, 2:09am
$2k, I personally wouldn't pay any more than that. But, there are people out there willing to pay for a tidy example of what was an alright car for it's day.

desmodave, Feb 8, 2:13am
Hey Mr Smarty pants its worth as much as some 1 on the day wants to pay.No more no less.

jarrod261, Feb 8, 2:43am
The thread is about a skyline.
Hardly in the same catagory as a porsche 911 or a BMW M3.

jarrod261, Feb 8, 2:47am
Why would a 1989 skyline be worth more than $1400!
It's just a skyline,There are loads of them around.

jsbike, Mar 25, 3:04am
becuase its a model/make in demand. Name a better, cheaper rwd car with as much build/upgrade info, easy fo find bolt on off the shelf stuff as well as much swap between models running gear from when it was made 22 years ago right up the 2001 model!