Crashed car, abandonded

Page 1 / 2
hondalova, Dec 20, 9:53am
a car has been crashed down the road from me, ive had a look at it, plates have been removed, and a police bussiness is in the rego holder. its not stolen as there is no damage to ignition. i have enquired at police station about me disposing it for free but they didnt wana know about it. wot would you do! i could use it to fix my car up. will ring cops number that is on the card in the windscreen.

paull, Dec 20, 9:59am
i had this a while back and when i went back to have a scavenge a tow truck driver turned up and told me he was towing it for the owner. gotta be careful you dont get done for theft as you arent the owner.

curlcrown, Dec 20, 8:47pm
Its not your car, you can't just take it. If you want it gone contact the local council. They should take car of it from there.

noswalg, Dec 20, 9:46pm
why do you think you have a right to a car just because it's had an accident! Don't you think the owner would want to be recovering it! Or maybe the owners insurer has an interest in it.

net_oz, Dec 20, 9:49pm
It's probably a honda. No wonder it was abandoned.

the_don_61, Dec 20, 10:41pm
police bussiness card in rego slot.

Can mean under cover police car.

They also use impounded cars to hoon around same area car is from .to catch people out. Maybe its a impounded car thats run out of fuel and tow truck will pick it up.

mugenb20b, Dec 20, 11:23pm
If it's got no plates, it has no identity, therefore no ownership. It's just a lump of metal.
If you are planning to get caught "stealing" parts, don't do it ;)

curlcrown, Dec 20, 11:24pm
It does have an owner. Doesn't scrap metal have an owner.

tonyrockyhorror, Dec 20, 11:32pm
Wrong. Registration plates mean NOTHING in terms of ownership.

tonyrockyhorror, Dec 20, 11:33pm
Myth.

johnf_456, Dec 20, 11:36pm
Unless the stamped chassis number has been removed and attached vin

mugenb20b, Dec 20, 11:36pm
If it's parked on the side of the road abandoned, how do you find out who owns it!

curlcrown, Dec 20, 11:41pm
you don't, the council does.

ginga4lyfe, Dec 21, 12:53am
No plates! does it have a license/rego label on the screen! is it unlocked! if it is alot of the time people are useless and leave the old license labels in the glove box, with that license label you "should" be able to get the council to give you info on who owned it last, if there isn't any license labels, then at leased you can pop the bonnet and try find the VIN number int he engine bay, that too should point you in the right direction, I would assume that mugen20b assumes its been abandoned because the car has pretty much been grown in to were it crashed( been there a long time ) I almost had a Mazda Marvie that way, but as soon as i found the owner got permission and get the keys off him ( nice dude ) I got back to the complex were it was ditched and it was gone. the council had picked it up and taken it to the scrap yard.No big surprise though it had been there for over a year, and the council had tried to get him to do something over 12 times apparently, oh well

trogedon, Dec 21, 1:13am
I found a motorbike less engine & plate a couple of years ago. I rang the Police. As it didn??

elect70, Dec 21, 3:05am
Council can & will tow it to wreckersas abandoned , its up toowner tosort outif he still wants itthoughunlikely. We get them hereclunkersdriven on to the beachthen hoon around & take plates off & leave it, council tows it

trogedon, Dec 21, 3:15am
Not all councils do that.

a18a, Dec 21, 3:27am
i tried to acquire an abandoned car legally, but got no where. the scrappy ended up picking it up & i bought it off them lol

the_don_61, Dec 21, 4:11am
FACT.I know a person who was followed for two weeks.He got sick of getting followed so stoped and confronted them.They took off.He got rego number, got thier address and went around for a vist.Knock on the door. Yes thats my car but heres the paper work it was impounded 3 weeks ago.

So they do use impounded cars.

msigg, Dec 21, 4:54am
Council will tow it for scrap.

tonyrockyhorror, Dec 21, 5:02am
Rubbish.

noswalg, Dec 21, 5:12am
I agree, that would amount to theft on the police's part.

pieman33h, Dec 21, 6:53am
if it was worth anything it would have been pillaged already

kevymtnz, Dec 21, 7:14am
if it has no plates reg or identification it is classed as abandonded
and council or police are not interested it becomes rubbish
yes you can remove it and cliam it as long as you inform police that you have it and if no one comes to cliam it i think 28days or could be 3 months its yours
i know as i was removing 3-5 cars a year from a local popular dumping ground
and council were happy that thay had less cars to take away

jason18, Dec 21, 8:09am
Take it cuz. I would be vtecing that shit everywhere