Honda Innova (F20A sohc 2.0motor) with a miss!

ruaphu, Feb 6, 11:01am
Our old Honda innova has developed an odd miss that I cannot pin point. At idle, give it a rev and around town all good. But at a constant 90-100-110Kms'hr it gets a slight miss, almost like it's cutting out. If you accelerate or deaccelarate it stops. The issue occurs only really when at a steady highway speed. I've replaced the dizzy some months back, plugs and leads, timing is OK, cam belt was done 35000Kms. All servicing is up to date it's got me a little stumped, any help would be great

franc123, Feb 6, 11:04am
Was the distributor new or second hand!IIRC that model has an internal coil that isn't that wonderful, but normally when they do fail it causes it to die completely or refuse to start.Have had a few Accords where this has happened.

carkitter, Feb 6, 11:08am
What year is it! Early nineties F20A SOHC engines had ignitor issues - OKI was the faulty brand, NEC was the replacement brand. We did a lot of them on NZ-new cars under warranty but many imports missed the recall in Japan.

ruaphu, Feb 6, 9:57pm
yeah the dizzy was a second hand one. The car is a 1992 CB3 model with the F20A SOHC injected motor. Is the the ignitor intergral in the dizzy or located somewhere else! so I can check what brand is fitted.

ruaphu, Apr 3, 11:08am
Alrighty I've changed the dizzy again from a mates car, so that should eliminate the coli & ignitor, however the issue remains. Any clues anyone!