What's a good reliable cheap slow car

Page 1 / 3
inkapuka, Dec 27, 6:07am
Yep got a 98 Toyota spacio 1.6was speeding 2day and got a 300 $ ticket 40 demerits nealy lost my licence its my first and want it to be my last so what would be a good 1 around 10k to spend in only 19 don't want to be a Nana 4 2 more years until I loose them "(

phillip.weston, Dec 27, 6:11am
how is any other car going to save you from speeding any more than a Spacio! You could get an old Morris Minor and still get clocked for 20-30km/h over the speed limit in a 50km/h zone and get the same fine. I think you should be looking at yourself before looking at the car.

bjdw, Dec 27, 6:12am
Get onto 4 wheel driving.Score a big ass hilux with a big ass lift kit fitted.Then you can look like da man with out driving fast.

3tomany, Dec 27, 6:14am
holden cruze

gammelvind, Dec 27, 6:19am
A spacio is a slow car. Well most of the ones I come across are, owned by old people. My wife and I have this game, we see a spacio and say " Old people!", then as we pass we see if we are right. About a 90% success rate.
To drive it slower only use first and second gear, you will probably get a ticket and demerits for driving too slow, but hey you could always just drive properly.

inkapuka, Dec 27, 6:21am
My partner has a 75 mini still does 105 its only a thou took it to queenstown it made it there and back just lol

inkapuka, Dec 27, 6:23am
I've had the spacio doing 165 that was scary but that was on the race track not the road lol I got the ticket just down the road frm teratonga lol

trouser, Dec 27, 6:24am
I'll raise you an Epica.

inkapuka, Dec 27, 6:27am
Npe to expensive 4 a lil car being diesel

sharronk1, Dec 27, 6:37am
Sorry its not the car its the driver, i have a 96 suziki alto 600cc, it still goes 120km and a bit more with a good tail wind

morrisman1, Dec 27, 7:09am
VW anything, unless of course the vehicle towing it is a Nissan

inkapuka, Dec 27, 7:21am
Morrisman do you know of any one with a 1275 morris motor for a 75 mini

foxdonut, Dec 27, 7:22am
You poor victim you.

If a Spacio is "too fast" then don't drive anything.

ashwattau, Dec 27, 7:24am
Get a diesel car. driving something that has a diesel engine you'll probably find your driving style change - on account of the power being down low = cruising is the name of the game, also no exhaust drone/induction noise to wake-up your inner boy racer.

3tomany, Dec 27, 7:41am
hey hey easy the holdens still a feasable option

morrisman1, Dec 27, 7:47am
I highly recommend you consider the 3.8L v6 supercharged model

morrisman1, Dec 27, 7:48am
Sorry, Im a morris minor nut and dont have much to do with minis.

flybye_in_a_rx7, Dec 27, 8:11am
nifty fifty

kcf, Dec 27, 8:11am
sneakers

n3d4sp3d, Dec 27, 8:20am
i would sugest anything ford but you want reliable so mazda 323

robotnik, Dec 27, 9:24am
There's a spacio with a 1.8 vvti engine similar to the one on the CelicaI think. A spacio with that engine would be pretty quick.

wron, Dec 27, 10:22am
I agree robotnik my wife has the 1.8 version - came from Kaz! We live high up in the hills and find it's quite peppy, comfortable too.

r.g.nixon, Dec 27, 10:33am
Great - there *is* someone with a slower car than mine!

morrisman1, Dec 27, 10:34am
I got 121km/h out of a stock morry on a slight uphill and a slight tail wind. I dont know what had the greatest effect but I can tell you it felt like I was doing the ton

that was GPS speed

icemans1, Dec 27, 10:58am
get a push bike or a horse