How dark is 35% window tints!

jojo76, Feb 14, 9:17pm
Ive been googling but can't find a picture. And what percentage it the next lighlest one!
And do you know where i can find photos of that!
Tint magic Taranaki have a facebook page of the cars they have done, but no mention of % the tint are.

vtecintegra, Feb 14, 9:58pm
35% is the darkest you're allowed in most circumstances so look at the darker ones.

Its really hard to tell from a photo anyway though, depends on lighting as much as anything.

hi_lemon, Feb 14, 10:18pm
35% isn't that dark to be honest, check these photos.
http://carfolie.co.nz/bbs/board.php!bo_table=cs_photo&wr_id=22

girlracer2005, Feb 14, 10:54pm
35% not that dark during day light but does made backing at night hard (if back window is done)

jojo76, Feb 14, 10:57pm
Do most people get the back window done!
Or just the sides

attitudedesignz, Feb 14, 11:13pm
Talk to Craig at Pro Tint in New Plymouth. He is a hell of a nice guy, helpfull, fast, half the cost of Tint Magic.

He guarantees ALL his work, even when the customer chooses to use a cheaper film.

No i'm not his friend, no i'm not trying to promote his business. I've had the last 2 of my cars done by him and i can not fault him or his work.

ALOT of customers went with Craig when he left Tint Magic when Paul sold the business.

jojo76, Feb 14, 11:24pm
I got quotes from both tint magaic and pro tint and they were both the same for the film with the life time warranty.

johnf_456, Feb 15, 12:27am
Personal preference really, but as above night time is the bad part in poor light.

kiwisparky, Feb 15, 12:54am
look at my impala thats 35

jojo76, Feb 15, 1:24am
Your back windscreen is done too.yeah! had an issues with it being too dark at night! Ta

noswalg, Feb 15, 2:27am
Nice hood ornament

noswalg, Feb 15, 2:31am
My cars got 35% on the front windows and on the rear screen and 5% on the others, can't say it really bothers me at night!

matthew111, Feb 15, 2:35am
pictures will be useless to you. My advice. dont tint. It attracts unwanted attention and tickets.

johnf_456, Feb 15, 2:40am
lol, some cars come with factory tints. 111 help!

Depends if the tint are legal or look extremely dark.

noswalg, Feb 15, 2:44am
its never attracted unwanted attention to me. I haven't even be pulled over in the last 10 yrs maybe even 15. And tickets - tickets For what!

brendon_arb, Mar 1, 7:25am
I agree with the guy above, Ive had craig from pro tint do 6 of my cars so far, civic, c35 laurel, r33 skyline, familia, legnum, and the latest r34 skyline, awesome dude and does a sick job, Faultless! It pays to go with the better film aswell the cheaper ones are rubbish. Ive had 35% done on all of them and ive never had a problem looking out the back window and never had any attention from police