This seems very cheap

richard198, Feb 16, 1:08am
Usually Peugeots are not a good buy. However, given that a mechanic has been through it improves the deal cosiderably. Roof leak sorted etc. and relatively low k's, it would seem about right seem about right. I'd rather buy from this guy knowing he is familiar with the car for future issues etc. Good luck!

johnmd1, Feb 16, 1:14am
So Peugeots not a good buy!cool.the missus has been talking about one.
I'd prefer another wb ute.but there you go aye.thanks

scoobeey, Feb 16, 1:15am
and head gasket was replaced due to oil leak so should be good now

johnmd1, Feb 16, 1:41am
Yea,true.bugger,not ready to purchase for a while yet,hahaha

budgel, Feb 17, 8:39pm
"Usually Peugeots are not a good buy"

In the case of the 206, between 1988-2010,6.8 millionwere sold, so a few people might disagree with that!

vtecintegra, Feb 17, 8:51pm
The 306 was a better car anyway.

I'd think long and hard about buying a convertible as a daily here, most of the time they simply not as good as the hatchback its based on would have been.

richard198, Feb 18, 12:16am
I wonder what those same people thought after they realised the mistake thay had made!

johnmd1, Feb 18, 2:56am
for us it would be used 2x a week.sorta.30mins to supermarket,out in the sticks

greenwing, Feb 18, 7:39pm
We had a brand new 306 for a month when we toured Europe back in '99, it was a scheme promoted by travel agents here in NZ and the deal was some sort of tax fiddle for Peugeot - we handed the car back to Peugeot when we left and it worked out cheaper than hiring a car. Anyhow, wasn't overly impressed with the 306, Did 10,000kms in it, nice to drive but felt fragile mechanically, especially the manual gearbox with its weak syncros.
My cousin in Holland said Peugeots do not have a good reputation there.

carmedic, May 3, 6:47am
1998 maybe!