Car Recommendations please.

michaelqian, Feb 20, 6:34am
Hi all. I need a cheap car to learn to drive manual in. Been driving for many years, have my full license etc. but embarrassingly have to admit I've never driven a manual. Looking for a car less than $2000, have to be reliable. What are your recommendations! I've looked at mid 90s Corollas and Civics but they are all quite a lot more expensive than what I've expected. Cheers

franc123, Feb 20, 6:45am
Looking in the midsize segment might be a better option!You're right, the small mainstream cars ARE overpriced, look perhaps at the Corona/Telstar/Bluebird/Galant-
style vehicles, you will get more for your dollar, guaranteed, and they aren't that much more expensive to run.

gunhand, Feb 20, 6:51am
Whats to be embarrassed about!

thejazzpianoma, Feb 20, 9:56pm
Fiat Punto, Brava, Bravo, Marea.
No bargains on here right now but they regally come up, like this really nice example 352141697.
Reliability is great, parts are cheap and easily sourced, they are galvanised so rust is a non-issue.

berg, Feb 20, 10:10pm
Mitsi lancer (standard non butchered one) Holden Barina/Suzuki swift (older ones are quite cheap and bombproof) and keep looking for Civics and Carollas. They do turn up every now and then

mr_lovebug, May 10, 11:01am
look for a old mini,per 80.

Pay the extra money & learnin that,then you can lock it away & it will keep the vaule & even go up!