Recommendations on chch mechanics?

blackbnz, Jan 22, 8:38am
I have luckily not had to use a mechanic for ages but now need one!Can anyone recommend a good and reasonably priced mechanic in chch!thanks :)

twinroses, Jan 22, 8:58am
What make n model and problem would be a good place tostart the topic

unbeatabull, Jan 22, 9:06am
I know someone who does good cashies but self promoting on here isn't allowed .

As twin said, make/model and what kind of work your wanting carried out is a good place to start

smashingman, Jan 23, 1:10am
Go see Bob @ Belfast Auto, he'll look after you.

jason18, Jan 23, 1:36am
Neil Stewart Automotive

pauloc, Jan 23, 8:26am
Waltham Mechanical or Lichfield Motors

1cocochanel, Jan 23, 8:44am
Cranford Street Garage behind Caltex on Cranford St. Family business, excellent service, always busy, and charge at a fair price. They advertise on Shine TV.

blackbnz, Jan 23, 8:47am
thanks honda crv 1998 making a rattling sound when going over bumps.someone said it was the link of the sway bar or something like that.!Had that repaired and it is still making the same noise.could be shock absorbers someone else said.I just want someone who knows what they are doing and who will not rip me off!

robotix1970, Jan 23, 12:21pm
dose he do recons for holden engines!.

kazz71, Jan 24, 2:05am
Regal Motors, Shivas Place Bromley (mechanics name Richard), great guy, good at his job and trustworthy!

blackbnz, Jan 24, 3:18am
thanks.I took it into a garage today to get a quote and they wanted to charge me to look at it.Is this normal!

zooki007, Jan 24, 4:24am
Yes.If they spend any time to look at something, even just to quote for a job,there is usually a small diagnostic charge.

andrea09, Jan 24, 6:51am
Anyone know of anyone good in Spreydon area-i need my rear engine brace replaced for my warrant.i have the part but hubby doesn't have the right tools to do it after all.

stevexc, Jan 24, 7:09am
Take it to Beaurepairs in Sydenham.There's some guy working there named Gary who actually seems to care about car suspension work.I won't let anyone else do alignments on my cars.

blackbnz, Jan 24, 9:01am
thanks so does it sound like suspension to you!