Air Bag warning light

merrigj, Jan 4, 6:55am
This is stuck on on my 07 Holden Captiva.Does this mean the bags have stopped working!Is there a quick fix and will it pass a warrant with the light stuck on!Any info or help would be appreciated.

mugenb20b, Jan 4, 7:01am
The car will not pass a wof with air bag light on. Quick fix can be done by your nearest Holden dealer, no doubt it will be a common fault.

merrigj, Jan 4, 7:03am
Thanks.Parked it at bottom of one tree hill, walked to the top and when got back in light was stuck on so nothing caused it.I knew I should have driven up!

mugenb20b, Jan 4, 7:05am
Yes, kind of. The light means that a fault has been detected by the ECU, usually a poor connection. For example, a client of mine is in the habbit of jamming large sharp objects under the front seats of his Ford Mondeo, thus cutting up all the wires for the seatbelt pretensioners and flicking the SRS light on. Every 6 months I have to repair the wires and tell him off, but to no avail.

foxdonut, Jan 4, 7:06am
Its usually a fuse or a dislodged cable under the seats.

Take it to a dealer / service department rather than a local garage or mechanic.

chevie, Jan 4, 7:40am
Needs a new clock spring.

merrigj, Jan 4, 8:11am
Had to google that to see what it was.Makes sense it is getting worn.I assume they can plug something in to diagnose it quickly!