Next Holden Commodore to be the last

Page 1 / 2
rsr72, Nov 3, 10:06pm
to be designed and engineered in OZ say GM today.
After that, all design and engineering will be outsourced in overseas countries. Over 300 Holden designers and engineers will be made redundant.

ginga4lyfe, Nov 3, 10:23pm
That's what Holden gets for being owned by stupid Americans

sifty, Nov 3, 10:26pm
some talented folk in the Aus car industry too.

vtecintegra, Nov 3, 10:34pm
We've heard that before, actually multiple times. Same for the Falcon too.

I'd wait until a bit closer to the end of this models run before reading much into it (the basic platform is still early in its run)

morrisjvan, Nov 3, 11:33pm
It takes 300 people to design a car! No wonder they are so dear.

rsr72, Nov 4, 12:03am
#6- Last to be designed and engineered in OZ , not the the last of the Commodore itself.

ntalke, Nov 4, 12:09am
Australian Touring Car Championship to be in the future will be run with Great Wall and Chery platforms

pollymay, Nov 4, 12:20am
they are planning to rename it the bathurst 100. None of the manufacturers could build a car that would do 1000kms trouble free

jimjonesy, Nov 4, 12:25am
Have you seen how it's done!

johnf_456, Nov 4, 12:29am
Scotty20001 will be happy

elect70, Nov 4, 1:12am
Well they have had it good for past50 yearssubsidised bytaxpayers . The next comonhore will be aanother rebadgedkorean carassembled in aus to keep the unionshappy .

fordcrzy, Nov 4, 6:14am
unfortunatly both Ford and Holden have some good design and engineering staff but they are handicapped by STUPID marketing people in fords case and bean counters in holdens case with the rest of thier model line up.

.RIP Falcon and crappydore.we will have to buy the eco green UN approved, humanity award winning, low risk vegetarian box for the masses of the world.BOOOOO YAAAAAAA SUCK!

neo_psy, Nov 4, 6:20am
Meh - I reckon they're just trying to get tax breaks/incentives for the following model to stay in AU.

compchick, Nov 4, 7:39am
NEVER!. you'll have to pry the keys of my Falcon Coupe out of my cold dead fingers, I plan to drive my fuel guzzling, tyre shredding V8 until the bitter end, once departed I plan to be buried in it.Ohhhhh YEEEAH!

morrisman1, Nov 4, 7:47am
So are they saying that the Commodore will be built in Korea or just designed in Korea and then built in aussie!

croco1, Nov 4, 7:49am

icemans1, Nov 4, 8:27am
cholden chowadore

rob_man, Nov 4, 8:30am
More likely to be Herr Komodor, a V6 front wheel drive shitbox from Germany.

vtecintegra, Nov 4, 9:00am
They said that about the VT too

rob_rooster, Nov 4, 11:49am
Probably be replaced by some bland econo-box that will be adored by brainwashed hipsters who live in cookie cutter houses!

3tomany, Nov 4, 9:10pm
http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/CB2B18FCBB5EB044CA25793D0018CD26 i recon they are just holding the aussie government to ransom gm are experts at getting public money to stay in bussiness

3tomany, Nov 4, 10:24pm
you are a hippocrit mapman. falcon isnt goneburgers they are doing the same due dilligents as holden but ford are more open with there customers so we knew earlier, it probably will dissapear as we now know it and so will the holden

3tomany, Nov 5, 12:11am
fact is falcon is not dead, holden commodore is not dead. but you said falcon is goneburgers. that was not a fact

elect70, Nov 5, 12:33am
As 3 tomany sayscould be posturingto get moreor keep thesubsidy on localbuilt cars. Wait till the unions startaction then you know its for real .Gillard , being the unions freind , will stump upif it looks likeGMabout to pull outof local manufacture .

3tomany, Nov 5, 12:50am
yea its just a matter of wait and see. i think ford will move first because they have some good platforms to work with and to be honest i dont think it matters if my next xr is awd and i dont think the bean counters at large companies will care if there budget falcons are pulling themselves