Primera problems can anyone help

Page 1 / 2
jvsammut, Feb 19, 9:05am
I have a Nissan Primera and its been playing up big time, We had the transmisson replaced in April Last year and a few months later it satarted playing up. basically what happens is it feels like there is a blockage the car will kind of loose power then all of a sudden it gets a burst of power. It often cuts out at traffic lights and kind of shudders really bad. We have had it looked at again by the people who replaced the transmision and they reckon its not the transmision. We are taking it to nissan service center next week hoping they can sort it and its not going to cost a fortune, just wondering if anyone has had this problem before.

jono2912, Feb 19, 9:15am
What have you checked!

jvsammut, Feb 19, 9:20am
We took it to a mehanic he told us to try a few things whih we have done but sorry my partner did it so I am not sure exactly what he has done, I think he changed some leads, we have been told it might me a co2 sensor or another sensor on the exhaust but the people who I am taking it to on Tue dont reckon its that.

jason18, Feb 19, 9:27am
CVT or normal trans!

jason18, Feb 19, 9:28am
Also Is it a SR20/18DE model or a QG Engine!

jvsammut, Feb 19, 9:45am
its a CVT does sr20 sound right!

jvsammut, Feb 19, 9:46am
Duh just saw the comment above mentioning sr20 lol

mechnificent, Feb 19, 10:04am
Have you tried changing the fuel filter! That would be a good and cheap thing to try.

cypherboy, Feb 19, 10:40am
New! Second Hand! Reconditioned! Rebuilt!

jvsammut, Feb 19, 10:55am
reconditioned

jockflaws, Feb 19, 11:08am
check the airfilter. if thats blocked, the computer causes crazy things to happen to the auto

jvsammut, Feb 19, 11:37am
Thanks will let my partner know :)

jvsammut, Feb 20, 3:48am
Can you please tell me what the afm is :)

ryanm2, Feb 20, 4:25am
Air Flow Meter.

mechnificent, Feb 20, 5:51am
If you go here.
http://codes.rennacs.com/
you can have a read up and hubby should be able to get trouble codes out of the computer. The trouble code may tell you that the air flow meter has a broken wire or is not plugged right in.
If there are trouble codes, or even if there are not codes, you should do a standard tune up with plugs, check of the electrical system to check the spark is good and that everything is plugged in correct, and a new fuel filter.

The real/recommended process is to tune it and check it over/inspect for faults, clear the codes(it's in that read) and go for a drive, then check for trouble codes.

1fordluva, Feb 20, 8:09am
The vapor vac line out of the rocker cover will cause this too.
Did mine a few weeks ago,bloody thing was brilttle and had a hole in it.

jvsammut, Feb 20, 8:43am
was your car doing the same thing 1fordluva! My hubby has tried the air flow sensor and that hasnt made any difference.

jvsammut, Feb 20, 8:46am
Thansks for that site mechnificent, My cousin is who an auto eletrican has looked at the car and has said that there is no code. That the computer is fine. Arghhhh.

1fordluva, Feb 20, 3:49pm
could be a blocked cat converter in exhaust doing that to.

ntalke, Feb 20, 5:24pm
Has he cleaned the Air Flow Meter/MAF with MAF Cleanerhttp://www.crcindustries.com/auto/content/prod_detail.aspx!PN=05110

If car has been run with a K&N Filter excess oiling will coat the Fine Wire on sensor and give untold problems,yours sound familiar to what I had with a Maxima

rubic8, Feb 20, 6:57pm
Had same symptoms in our primera, cleaned air flow sensor made slight difference but after a machinicplugged in his faults code devicethe print out revealed it was the crank angle sensor and coil located in distributor .With new one fitted it runs sweet hope this helps

1fordluva, Feb 20, 8:07pm
Infact fish had a simalar problem with a primera a few weeks back,computer was shagged.
That came up with no faults after a couple of checks with thier new ecu scanner.
He tried the afm out of mine while I was there,didnt change a thing,plugs,new dizzy and igniter from hazy memory.still no good.
Switched ecu out for a second hand one and away she went.

jvsammut, Feb 20, 10:09pm
Rubic8 how muh did it cost you for the parts.Somedays it is worse than others which we cant understand why,

1fordluva, Feb 20, 10:52pm
jvs what year an model of primera!
I have a whole 1.8ltr auto sitting at a mates place.

karibakid, Feb 20, 11:43pm
Honda ascotCB3need new brake master cylinderor kit who is the best forpricesthanks jack m