VW Cross Touran tyre troubles

vixian1, Feb 19, 3:03am
My wifehas a Cross Touran with Goodyear Eagle tyres . seems like every time it goes over a stone or kerb the tyre gets a puncture and they have to be replaced at $300+ each.
Where in Auckland can you get good tyre advvice . the car has no room foraspare so you also have to call an 0800 number, the car gets towed and another tyre sourced.
I think we need to look at a different tyre profile and get a puncture outfit to deploy on the road .
Anyone know what I am talking about!

thejazzpianoma, Feb 19, 3:07am
Waits for Kaz and PW to turn this into a VW hating session.

motorway, Feb 19, 3:09am
Don't they have one of those poxy repair kits that never work!

vixian1, Feb 19, 3:15am
Not the point really . the gunk from the repair kiits makes it a nightmare for repairers . the real issue is that she has had three in the last year so I am really looking for a tyre place that has som eexpertise where we can go to work through a solution .

thejazzpianoma, Feb 19, 3:19am
Maybe have a talk to Qualitat, they are not tyre experts but they are VW experts and might be able to point you in the direction of some good run flats that will suit the Touran.

thejazzpianoma, Feb 19, 3:21am
I would almost be tempted to run some good quality regular tyres and join up to some roadside assistance or just pay a call out in the very unlikely even of a puncture.
I havn't had to actually use a spare tyre in over 15 years.

vixian1, Feb 19, 3:22am
much obliged jazzman

thejazzpianoma, Feb 19, 3:27am
No probs, to be straight I don't have much experience with run flat tyres so it would be really interesting to hear how you get on. BTW have you checked what pressure they are supposed to run! Just wondering if that could have anything to do with it.
The VW forums may also be worth a look, surely you can' be the first to have that trouble.

rob_man, Feb 19, 4:05am
No spare! how do the owners in places like Africa get by! There must be a way to carry one surely.

rsr72, Feb 19, 4:09am
Never, ever, had to use a spare, and never had a puncture other than a slow-leak by nail.
Suggest changing tyre type,
or wife.

craig04, Feb 19, 5:29am
All Toyota's have spares.

vixian1, Feb 19, 6:21am
rsr72
It is more expensive to change wives to tell the truth . you have a Cross Touran!
What tyres do you use!
rob_man . I don't think they're designed for African conditions.

Thanks everyone .

rob_man, Feb 19, 6:27am
I just googled to see WTF one was, I was getting confused with the Toureg.
So, it's a Euro Boon mover then.

afer_daily, Feb 19, 6:28am
have you thought that wifey doesnt like the VW and this her way of telling you .

vixian1, Feb 19, 6:46am
afer . she loves it to drive, init! . it has auto parallel parking (yep, WTF is wrong with doing it the manual manly way!), plenty of room for plants / children etc, good stereo .

fordcrzy, Feb 19, 6:59am
tell her to stop jumping curbs and sneaking down the curb to squeeze into that side street.

40wav, Feb 19, 7:06am
No offence, but does she perhaps think because of what it is, it is capable of much more than it actually is! Just a thought.

rsr72, Feb 19, 1:02pm
'Auto parallel' parking!
Perhaps the Germans don't recognise our world's smallest parking spaces and don't like our kerbs.

r15, Feb 19, 9:29pm
inflate the tyres to a higher pressure - this will help with kerb related issues -

lasertech, May 16, 1:12pm
You cannot use Runflat tyres on the car, they must have run flat rims fitted as well as full pressure sensor systems.If you need the right advice on tyres contact me.