What does it cost to lease a small car!

Page 1 / 2
thejazzpianoma, Jan 6, 7:27am
Just after a rough figure on what it costs to lease a small car these days.
Assuming a full operating lease so all the person driving it covers is fuel. Maintenance, reg, wof, insurance the whole bit is covered by the lease company.

Car could be a late model or new Suzuki Swift, Hyundai or similar.

Thanks!

craig04, Jan 6, 8:01am
Depending on the proposed mileage,I would say approx $500 +gst per month. But on another topic, what have you done with Jazz! Leasing a Swift or a Hyundai! In another post you were talking about a very good experience with a Toyota Celica. I'm worried.

thejazzpianoma, Jan 6, 8:06am
LMAO!
Interesting observation. periodically Mrs Jazz tries to pose as me on here but usually I intercept her in time.

Don't worry its not me that is doing the leasing, I was just doing some rough figures for a friend. and don't worry he isn't going to be leasing one either. He is actually looking at an Alfa 147 as a work car. its amazing how many people I know buy Italian and German cars. funny co-incidence that.

Oh and the Toyota. credit where credit was due. I quite like the Celica and in the context of the very early 2000's they were quite a lot of car for the money. Times change though. sadly not everyone changes with them.

neo_psy, Jan 6, 8:24am
How many Ks a year and how long do you want it for!

gracey_lain, Jan 6, 8:30am

thejazzpianoma, Jan 6, 8:33am
Say 3 years at no more than 30'000km a year.
Just after a rough guess, not actually going to lease one.

thejazzpianoma, Jan 6, 8:37am
Not sure if motoring is quite ready for your input Mrs Jazz. there are plenty that struggle enough with mine.

gracey_lain, Jan 6, 8:38am
There is PLENTY more where that came from. I have had years of schooling in the merits of the VAG and the time has come to impart my much knowledge onto others who have not yet suffered enough.

thejazzpianoma, Jan 6, 8:41am
And thus the slow downward spiral begins.

gracey_lain, Jan 6, 8:44am
Spiral, aye.

More like a rollercoaster that keeps changing the little ride in cars all the time. Passat one minute, Punto the next, MK5 Golf and Multiplas too.

thejazzpianoma, Jan 6, 8:45am
I was thinking of adding some frenchies to the list. they have been good value lately.

gracey_lain, Jan 6, 8:46am
Thinking of it! Pfft! What do you call the vision in green in the driveway then!

thejazzpianoma, Jan 6, 8:48am
That my dear is a test vehicle. we can't be recommending anything we haven't thoroughly tested first hand.

gracey_lain, Jan 6, 8:49am
I see. so what about the others in the driveway then. are they all test vehicles too!

And when will my Peel P50 be arriving. I need to test one of those so I can preach about its goodness.

thejazzpianoma, Jan 6, 8:57am
The others are aesthetic enhancements. they give the place a "European" feel.

gracey_lain, Jan 6, 9:00am
Hmm, it is a bit like Little Italy out there. Maybe you could charge people to come and have a tour of the automobiles, a turn on the mower and a sand of the kitchen floor. That could fund the start up of your leasing empire.

thejazzpianoma, Jan 6, 9:03am
I did consider once before offering Multipla rides. I was thinking a good business model would be to make the rides really cheap and the hire of a disguise really expensive.

gracey_lain, Jan 6, 9:04am
Hehehe. I will miss the Multipla, but alas it has had its day with us. I'm sure it will have some pedigree for selling on heregiven its glory (and goat bunt marks). Anyway. for my birthday. P50 please!

thejazzpianoma, Jan 6, 9:16am
Really. I thought the Messerschmidt was cooler. very well I will see what I can do.

gracey_lain, Jan 6, 9:18am
Either or will be fine. Perhaps you could select something else from the driveway as a trade in.

thejazzpianoma, Jan 6, 9:19am
What are you trying to say Mrs Jazz!

gracey_lain, Jan 6, 9:20am
That the driveway has reached saturation and needs cleansing.

thejazzpianoma, Jan 6, 9:21am
Ahh I get it, so by changing to micro cars we can fit more in!
Good thinking Mrs Jazz!

gracey_lain, Jan 6, 9:22am
Negative to that! The driveway is for driving on, not manouvering myself around the zoo we seem to have amassed.

I guess at least I am not inflicted with Lancias or Deloreans or anything else "exotic".

thejazzpianoma, Jan 6, 9:24am
Yet