I still havent organised my wedding car :(

Page 1 / 2
nzchrista, Jan 7, 11:52pm
Because i havent found a car that i like. Does anyone have a car that they might like to offer as my bridal car.Im in Hamilton and its the 21st of January.

jmma, Jan 7, 11:53pm
My Corolla (o:

ryans, Jan 8, 1:36am
Considering you haven't even made the simplest of efforts to advise us of what kind of car you like, new or classic for example, I don't think we can help.

neville48, Jan 8, 1:39am
Most of the "good" cars will be at Kumeu on the weekend of the 21st

ryans, Jan 8, 1:45am
Unless it's raining, then they'll be at home, locked up.

neville48, Jan 8, 1:49am
been going to Kumeu for. Nnnyears now and never seen rain

trogedon, Jan 8, 1:51am
It helps if you open your eyes.

luxy, Jan 8, 2:05am
good way to get a free car, why dont you pay a professional to do it. they have to make a living too

saxman99, Jan 8, 2:19am
An approach that may work, depending on the type of car, is to simply speak to the owner of one you see driving around. My wife was adamant she wanted a Jaguar for our wedding and so I when I saw one at a function I was at I sought out the owner. Our conversation went something like this:

"I wonder if I might talk to you about hiring your beautiful car!"

"Sure. For a wedding!"

"Yep, it's in a couple of months."

"That shouldn't be a problem, it's been used a few times for that. Do you like the green or would you prefer the red one we also have!"

"Wow, you have two. Awesome. I think the British Racing Green would be great if that's OK"

"That's cool. You need me to drive it or will you self-drive!"

etc etc etc.

"How much would you need for a fee!"

"Well, we don't really do this as a job, so instead of taking cash from you we usually get the car professionally groomed the day/morning before so it's looking tip-top for the wedding and have you pick up the tab, if that's agreeable!"

"Deal! Thanks very much."

Have a crack, you never know. The worst that can happen is they say no.

Good luck!

amie10, Jan 8, 2:23am
Cancel the wedding. Easy

kazbanz, Jan 8, 2:28am
Give Jazzpanama a yell--He has a fleet of the perfect vehicles for the disorganised.

kcc55a, Jan 8, 3:07am
Did much the same as #9 for my daughters wedding and being as he wasnt a professional but a local vintage car club member the fee was very reasonable. Booked it 6 months in advance and checked in with him every couple of months because it was a pre-1930's car and if it had suffered a breakdown parts might be hard to get,. But all was OK Until3 weeks before the wedding he suddenly cancelled saying he had a family emergency. It turned out he went to a family get together that had been organised for months but he left us in the lurch. Fortunately there are a few alternatives in the area and we had a couple of nice pre war matching paint American beauties to do the honours.Thats the problem with getting amateurs to do the job.

next-to-normal, Jan 8, 3:10am
have a gypsy wedding and get a horse,also try the taxi companies,some drivers have there own cars too

countrypete, Jan 8, 3:20am
Oh that looks like a 1960 model.That was my first car (well it "belonged" to my parents).Not really a classy wedding car though.

next-to-normal, Jan 8, 3:52am
yeah we had one when i was a kid, i was embaressed to be seen it,and ducked down alot,it was green

shelleigh, Jan 8, 4:13am
Well having a Multipla for a wedding car would certainly be unique lol

nzchrista, Jan 8, 6:14am
I love Fords!I love old cars!I love nice tidy vehicles of all makes and ages!just haven't found anything yet i like, i would be willing to pay & have looked at hiring but i don't like what i seen so far.
So took a long shot and here we are.

neo_psy, Jan 8, 6:18am
Ring a hot rod club - or a Ford Owners club.

gunhand, Jan 8, 6:47am
You need to look again, more of a rectangle lol. Nice car.

shelleigh, Jan 8, 8:25am
Jason what model Valiant is that! Dad taught me to drive in his VC Valiant. He had it over 20 years! I used to feel pretty cool on the odd occasion when I drove it on my own :)

jason18, Jan 8, 8:35am
haha a tank

kiwitracy, Jan 8, 8:47am

trogedon, Jan 8, 8:28pm
I got in touch with car clubs in Timaru (we're in Auckland) as we were getting married there. We had 2 blue cars - Mk3 Zodiac and Vauxhall PA*%. We gave the guys $. It was a bit strange as neither of the guys with the cars communicated with us well and we don??

teiluj, Jan 9, 1:28am
Contact The Limo Guys they have excellent rates- jordan@thelimoguys.co.nz

trogedon, Jan 9, 2:40am
But Limos are so T.A.C.K.Y. :-(