Brought a new car and a month later.

Page 2 / 2
phillip.weston, Feb 26, 8:41pm
also, kelsie, a car has tens of thousands of parts, many of them are very complex. For a car to start leaking oil after six years of constant use is certainly not unheard of, and it doesn't make the car a lemon. If you want a car which is not going to have any issues for a couple of years, you are going to have to buy cars brand new off the show room floor - and even then you're not gauranteed to not have issues as mentioned above, some brand new cars come back with faults too!

The important thing is that your dealer is fixing the vehicle for you, hopefully free of charge (like they should be doing). As mentioned above, this is a good reason to buy from a dealer - if you had purchased from a private seller and you encountered this issue, you could not have gone back to them to get it fixed.

stevo2, Feb 26, 9:00pm
Ok but if you mentioned the model, you may be able to get a bit more help. ie the mazda3/axela has a oil filled engine mount on the drivers side that can split and leak its oil. (about $350 to replace)
main thing is the dealer is fixing it for you.
Cheers Stevo

carkitter, Feb 26, 11:08pm
Clearly.
No wonder there are so many empty former car yards around New Lynn.

afer_daily, Feb 26, 11:20pm
YOUR RIGHTYOUR RIGHTIM SAD AND IM BLUE BECAUSE I CANT DO THE BOOGALOO !

stevo2, Feb 26, 11:24pm
wtf!
cheers stevo

johnf_456, Feb 26, 11:34pm
Perhaps rehab is the option here!

clark20, Feb 26, 11:38pm
If they are claiming on your mechanical insurance they cannot charge you the excess, it is their problem.

carkitter, Feb 26, 11:46pm
You think so! There are a lot of ex-Cantabs moving to other big cities looking for work and a bit of normality. I'd expect excess demand pressure on the job, acommodation and car markets in Auckland for the rest of this year at least.

phillip.weston, Feb 27, 12:03am
that only applies to fresh imports though wouldn't it kaz! what about the already abundant supply of NZ-new vehicles, or imports already registered here! Surely people will still be trading in vehicles in that age/price range, and ex-company stock being disposed of etc.

phillip.weston, Feb 27, 12:20am
what do you reckon you will do to overcome this regulation, given that most of your stock will fall within that range!

xs1100, Feb 27, 2:42am
precisly so all it will do is push the prices on everything up so the older bangers worth nothing at the moment will become 3k-5k cars again just like back before imports when for some reason 25-30 yr old hqs were worth 3-4k they were sold new for 3 k in the 70s and this whole problem could of been sorted years ago instead of revisiting it all the time eg frontal impact,emission standards a simple 10 yr rolling ban with out any mucking around over this pariticular chassis code qualifies or this particular model is fine, 10yrs from year of manufactureany older cant be imported

phillip.weston, Feb 27, 2:50am
you can still import cars pre 1990 with no problems, perhaps people will start bringing in masses of nostalgic 1980s cars! But yes I can see there will be a shortage of medium priced vehicles, I think it's safe to say that the lower cost cars, ie $4k and under are cars already existing here. The cost of 'cheap hacks' has already increased over the last few years anyhow.

kelsie21, Feb 27, 6:54am
Im pretty sure your bang on the money stevo! I wasnt aware they had those.

welshdude, Feb 27, 9:36am
She says the oil leak happened a month after purchase. Pray tell, how long after purchase do you imagine the Consumer Guarantee Act requires the seller of second hands goods to provide a free warranty!

carmedic, Feb 27, 9:57am
Mate you??

im_andrew, Feb 27, 10:19am
I think the emissions laws that came into effect a few years ago for trucks has had a really positive effect in the nations heavy transport fleet. 90% of the linehaul trucks and busses you see on the roads now are compliant to euro 4 or 5 - which I think is pretty cool.

Admittedly, that would have happened regardless of that law change, it would have just taken an extra 5-7 years.

stevo2, Feb 27, 5:11pm
Yes they are to cut vibration to a lower level
Cheers Stevo

kevymtnz, Feb 27, 7:39pm
a used Mazda or any is not a good choice

mrfxit, Feb 27, 7:54pm
LOL yea TUI .
Some ppl have problems noticing a flat tyre

mrfxit, Feb 27, 8:11pm
Hey . did ya get that "other" problem sorted!
I bumped the thread but you missed it.

intrade, Jun 1, 1:04pm
you want to find out what the fault is and what it costs to fix then see what the origal seller says to it and if he fixes it and if not why not.
reasons can be that the car was sold with almost no profit
the part that faild is knowen to be worn out at the milage the car has.
otherwise the dealer should come to the reasenable warranty cover.
also important is the paperwork you have from the dealer the smallprint is always most important.
dealers are in it to make money and live from it.so they cant fix everyones car , it is why i would make the worst dealer ever i almost always loos money when i sell a car becuase of the stuff i fix on em.