Would you enter a career in the motor trade again?

Page 3 / 3
zephyrheaven, Jan 12, 7:23am
Been there done that got the T-Shirt : ugh, the memories! Hope those plugs were OK mate cheers for your support over the years

zephyrheaven, Jan 12, 7:25am
I am happy for you - every time I have to sell a car for a customer I feel a bit sick from the promises to come & look(dont turn up) & the painstaking attention to detail of a 25 year old car for $500's purchase ugh - you guys earn your money

cassina1, Jan 12, 10:41am
The problem with technical trades is that the technology gets harder and harder over time but the payrate never keeps pace. I was in a technical trade myself but it became less and less enjoyable the more complex technology got.

modie61, Jan 12, 7:10pm
Im unsure whether to go back to being a mechanic,ive been one for 40 years but feel i want a change,im thinking of being a bus driver,what do you guys think ! Ive been off the tools so to speak for nearly 2 years,like keeping the family fleet going,but im not sure which way to go.

bellky, Jan 12, 8:16pm
WHAT ABOUT THE FILTHY HANDS 24/7!

iag.newzealand, Jan 12, 11:28pm
Panelbeating for more than 20 years and still at it.but it"s a mugs game now. If i had my time again i would look at heavy diesel mechanic and the EFIand computer side of it.

mugenb20b, Jan 12, 11:39pm
Bus driving is OK, pretty cruisy. I have never driven buses for a living, but I have driven them when road testing after carrying out repairs. From what I've seen, the most stressed out drivers are the ones that drive school buses, kids making all the noise and pulling off heater hoses under their seats.