Swift - mechanical advise please

sjoy, Jan 13, 7:21am
Hi, have recently purchased a newly imported 2006 1500 swift.Unfortunately it makes a whirling noice when going 30 to 70km then noise gets quieter.The guy we purchased (in Auckland, we are in Hamilton) has told me it is a common issue and it needs a simple adjustment to the ABS centre.Have rung a couple of mechanics in Hamilton but no one understands or prepared to do this.Does this sound right!Otherwise have to take car back up to Auckland to get fixed was is inconvenient if it is a simple job!Thanks in advance!

mugenb20b, Jan 13, 7:37am
What did the guy who did the pre purchase inspection say!

cocabowla, Jan 13, 7:37am
ask the dealers mechanics to call your preferred mechanic there and explain what to do !

kazbanz, Jan 13, 9:23am
sjoy--rock and hard place comes to mind I'm sorry. You have an issue with the car you need to take it back to the dealer you bought it from for rectification. ESPECIALLY as the dealer is downplaying whats wrong

masseycyclist, Jan 13, 11:25am
#4 the dealer may not know what/how to rectify the fault but knows it is common as he sells a few swifts! from memory i remember a few swifts with this issue but i didnt do the work on them to know how to rectify. perhaps the abs ring

superdave0_13, Jan 13, 5:57pm
Auckland is only up the road!

mugenb20b, Jan 14, 1:29am
Obviously not that important and decided to go shopping for crap that's not actually needed.

shannie1998, Jan 15, 3:17am
If its a common problem try phoning your local Suzuki dealer. They'll not only know but will have mechanics who work on Swifts all the time and will know the answer to your problem

http://www.suzuki.co.nz/Find-A-Dealer/All/Upper-North-Island/

elshaun, Jan 15, 4:06am
I worked at a suzuki dealer.The noise you discribe sounds like the rear abs sensor rubbing on the pickup ring.A known problem on some swifts (mainly import models).Can be fixed with a very expensive new ABS ring or by undoing the 12mm bolt holding the sensor to the hub and fitting a 20cent O-ring over the sensor and refitting.This will increase the clearance enough to stop the contact but not enough to affect the abs operation.

sjoy, Jan 16, 5:54am
Thanks everyone - taking it to the Suzuki dealer this week