Help a damsel in motor distress please.

qugene, Jan 14, 1:43am
Toyota camry sportivo. I drove one today, nice, held the road well, nice bit of pep when needed and very pleasing on the eye.
What's the general consensus from petrol people on sportivos!
And on a side note, when driving in a city in an automatic car, what's the most economical postion 2.3 or drive!
Thanks in advance for the info. xx

gammelvind, Jan 14, 2:23am
Auto car driving, leave it in D and do everything smoothly. No heavy excelereation, keep a good following distance then you don't need the brake as much therefore easing off that stop go driving. Imagine you have an egg under your gas and brake pedals.

wasser61, Jan 14, 2:50am
Currently driving one now. (Rental Car) and they are a very good car, They just do everything well. Kind of like driving grandpa's armchair. I like it and would buy one.

automan5, Jan 14, 2:55am
A great car, leave in drive for 99 .9 % of the time and you cant go wrong.

roberto9, Jan 14, 3:11am
why would you even be considering buying any car, when you are supposedly selling up everything you own so you can leave our fair shores!

ringo2, Jan 14, 3:21am
And how do you work that out!

roberto9, Jan 14, 3:52am
have a look at thread,I'm about selling up everything I own,
28 August

kazbanz, Jan 14, 4:08am
roberto--given how often you DON'T post in this forum can we draw the conclusion you are staalking the OP!

kazbanz, Jan 14, 4:12am
qugeneThe sportivo comes with two engines. The 2.4l 4 cylinder and the 3.0l V6. Given your concerns regarding economy I would unquestionably buy the 2.4l.
I like them and soon there will be many more on the road-possibly with a different "name' but the same car
As far as fuel economy is concerned I would STRONGLY suggest you drive in a 50km'h zone with the od off and 100km/h with the OD on --of course being gentler with the throttle will give better fuel consumption.

frank1, Jan 14, 10:00am
Thought Sportivo was V6--am I wrong!

kazbanz, Jan 14, 10:20am
nopefrank--two chouces--a 2.4 straight 4 or a 3.0l V6 --the V6 is a dream to drive but a tadd thirsty IMO