Lost only key to the car

Page 1 / 2
snomonki, Jan 14, 8:42am
is this going to be an expensive mistake! mr nearly 2 has taken my keys god knows where, we have a toyota estima how do i go about getting a new key for it!

mugenb20b, Jan 14, 8:45am
You make 3 or 4 copies the moment you buy a car.

snomonki, Jan 14, 8:47am
hmm thanks, lesson learnt i will be getting copies when i have one to copy from

mugenb20b, Jan 14, 8:50am
Might pay to ring your local locksmith and ask for advice. Otherwise, you could try and bribe Mr.2 to find the lost key.

snomonki, Jan 14, 8:53am
tried that woke him up and asked him where they were took him for a wander round to find them, no go he wasn't interested at all, he probably has no idea what he did with them

mark.52, Jan 14, 9:02am
You're going to have to beat it out of him.

If that doesn't work, Toyota dealer. Give them the VIN and registration.

snomonki, Jan 14, 9:05am
lol thanks, he's not going to tell, he's not much of a talker unfortunatly

mugenb20b, Jan 14, 9:11am
Do you have a metal detector!

snomonki, Jan 14, 9:19am
no unfortunatly lol

usdefault, Jan 14, 9:23am
3 recommendations.

Get a new car.

Get a new husband.

Buy a metal detector.

kazbanz, Jan 14, 9:26am
Ok--sensible reply time-- What year is the estima!
Basicly you are stuck btween yeol rock and hard place
Call a locksmith and pay what they charge--around $120 ish to cut a key
or 2) bribe a mechanic/panelbeater mate to remove the drivers door lock and get a new one cut at a locksmith.

mugenb20b, Jan 14, 9:27am
Does Mr.2 have any special places around the house where he likes to hide things!

snomonki, Jan 14, 9:29am
why a new husband!hmm that might be useful actually if the new husband happens to be a lock smith

jmma, Jan 14, 9:29am
You haven't deealt with a Mr 2 for awhile, have you'
Agree with Kaz, take door lock off and go to locksmith.

mugenb20b, Jan 14, 9:30am
Good point! Next time I lose my house keys, I'll buy a new house, get a new wife and buy a metal detector.

usdefault, Jan 14, 9:30am
But not the same place where he hides the P.

mugenb20b, Jan 14, 9:30am
Correct, my boys are 4, 7 and 10.

snomonki, Jan 14, 9:32am
hmm thanks for the suggestions will just have to suck it up and pay up i guess, my own dumb fault

wright7, Jan 14, 9:32am
Maybe check iflost keys are covered under your car insurance.

usdefault, Jan 14, 9:35am
Mugens a crack up tho aye.asks the lady if she has a metal detector.lol

Where are the keys mystic Mugen.lolololol

Mugen will find them.so long as you have a metal detector.

neville48, Jan 14, 9:36am
1: Give him the keys to your other car and then follow him, not too close or noticably and he may just stash them in the same place.or lose them as well or
2: torment him with pictures of keys all over his walls for years and years if need be and sooner or laterhe will break down and subconcious will take over and he will either reveal their whereabouts or lock himself away for-ever with multilocks and keys etc.
With number two option it may be an idea to put your rego on the resto file so you dont have to pay rego till he turns 17 or something !

locky6, Jan 14, 9:37am
My youngest used to drop things down the drain, keys n all. Just a suggestion.

jmma, Jan 14, 9:44am
They are great at copying you, look in handbag, maybe even hanging out a door lock on that or another car (o:

NZTools, Jan 14, 9:46am
Check the rubish bin. My miss almost 2 hides everything in the rubish bin. Worst thing was, it took a few weeks before we worked it out.

zoltec45, Jan 14, 9:51am
There will be a code on the back of the key barrel of the drivers door, take the door card off and remove the barrel and take it to a locksmith and get him to cut a new key with the code. If its not a coded key itl be easy as getting a new key cut, if its a coded key you need a toyota dealer to come to the vehicle and re code the key to the car