Lost only key to the car

Page 2 / 2
mugenb20b, Jan 14, 9:53am
Ah, now I know who you are. I see male_timaru has another account.

kazbanz, Jan 14, 9:59am
Toyota estima--coded key! do wot!
You mean a CHIP key!
Estima's pre 03 definitely dont have chip keys

alan1111, Jan 14, 8:36pm
All you need to do is take your car rego and chassis nos to a decent locksmith. They will just jump on their computer database and cut 1. Be less than $30.00 if was me get 2 cut incase this happens again.

m16d, Jan 15, 4:03am
Have you looked down the dunny.!
2 year old kids like chucking things down the dunny.

next-to-normal, Jan 15, 5:51am
check rubbish bins or route to the car and pot plants

soph001, Jan 15, 6:13am
This Information is FALSE! SO FALSE! There is NO locksmith who can just magic up keys from a blimmen rego number! We need a Key Code which is stamped on the drivers side door lock. Which needs to be removed from the door to be able to read it.
Some NZ New vehicles have their key code on file at the dealers, but the dealer is not always so helpful as it means they lose a sale on a new key.

It amazes me the amount of mis-information out there sometimes.

fordcrzy, Jan 15, 6:17am
Toy bin and down the side of their bed is a good place to look too. Oh and the rubbish bin in the kitchen

lookoutas, Jan 15, 7:22am
X-Ray!

kaylin, Jan 15, 7:24am
And the toilet.Often things are in the loo.

intrade, Jan 15, 7:28am
correct lock hast to be removed from driver door an with that they can make a new key for old toyotas .heap

the_don_61, Jan 15, 7:44am
Use lock from front left door, as its probley never been used and then you will not get a key cut from a worn lock. Like the drivers side usally is.

If your lucky might be a number stamped on the metal arm on the back of the door lock.

gadgit3, Jan 15, 8:11am
The number is stamped into the barrel not the arm.

jason18, Jan 15, 8:13am
Every place is a special place haha

old_faithful27, Jan 15, 8:14am
Take your ignition out (really easy just need a screwdriver) and take it to a key cutter or locksmith. they can cut a key to fit it

fordcrzy, Jan 15, 8:28am
No don't do that. Take out the drivers door lock not the ignition. You need the code. Off the lock. Tat code has the key godsmatgmm on it. There's no point cutting a key from a worn out barrel

snomonki, Jan 15, 8:50am
FOUND THEM
will rather miss 6 found them 1st thing in the morning i am of to get copies, thanks for all your suggestions though, i'm so relieved was not looking forward to the bill.

by the way they were in the bottom of a bag that hasn't been used for weeks in miss 6's room

budgel, Jan 15, 9:18pm
Phew, that's a relief!