Ht ute Factory V8

graham32, Mar 7, 4:47am
Just bought an Ht ute factory 253.the question is should i leave it a 253 or put a 308 in it.! it came with a 253 and 5 speed toyota box, from build tag it was a 253 and trimatic stock

woki, Mar 7, 6:00am
Put it back to stock and will apprieciate in more . Not a lot of stock V8 utes left

robertsons-nes, Mar 7, 6:43am
put the 253 and trimatic to 1 side for later and bolt the 350 with 400trans in you know ya wanna

klrider, Mar 7, 7:25am
Keep the 253, they can be a very good engine with the right gear, nice find.

graham32, Mar 7, 8:34am
thanks guys.dont worry the thought of a 350 etc did cross my mind.253 or 308 seems to be with mixed opinions.do you have to domuch to the 253 to get it to a stock 308 ! will definately keep the 5speed also found out it has a LSD in the back quite tallgeared though.2:75 could be wrong !

paull, Mar 7, 8:51am
you got to be joking, dump the 253 and dont put a 308 in her, both pieces of crapola, keep the engine for resale though. drop a 350 in her and you will be glad you did in the long run, or keep the 253 in her for now and build a 350 , mind you sbc are getting a bit long in the tooth and most are bored out to hell and back with the odd sleev thrown in aswell, i would be tempted to go ls1, really they are getting cheaper to get and soon they will be the new sbc on the market,there are kits available thru castlemain rod shop in aus for converting old holdys/fords to modern day engine /trans and come with computer set ups aswell, do ya homework before ya jump in, cost to rebuild a 253 will be 3k min probaly and for what, a crappy old gutless pile of cast iron same with the 308 and the 350 may be a bit gruntier but will stil be gutless with a standard rebuild, now go the lsi and it will be standard 225kw, give her a tickle up with bolt on parts and 300kw straightaway. you can pick these up $4500-$5000, check the engines on here and see what you get for that, good luck to you keep us posted keen to see what happens

graham32, Jun 26, 1:04pm
if i was to repower a lexus v8 would make more sence ! can pick up whole car for 2k