Ideas for custom paint job in memory to earthquake

hotlegend, Mar 7, 7:33pm
Hi just after some ideas to get my car custom painted in remembrance of our devastating canterbury earthquake. Car is currently sanded back and ready to prime and I have been trying to save to get it done for last 2 years but have since bought our 1st property (lifestyle block). So hopefully wil have enough funds by end of this year. Was going to paint it a nice deep metallic blue but maybe if the right idea is out there, then wil do something to remember this tragic event and dedicate it to all of canterbury.just an idea.

johnf_456, Mar 7, 7:33pm
How long is a piece of string, I suggest you physically take it in to a painter it is hard to guess.

xacoon, Mar 7, 7:41pm
! suggest you reread original post!

hotlegend, Mar 7, 7:41pm
Yeah but car all stripped down and can't be taken from where we live into town. Best idea is maybe later today I could put some pic up

xacoon, Mar 7, 7:43pm
what sort of car!

hotlegend, Mar 7, 7:50pm
Its a 1996 nissan gloria gran tourismo with full body kit. to some people it's just a jap car but a little different, but to me it's my baby haha

xacoon, Mar 7, 8:05pm
thats low pete, although I was going to mention putting a shaker on it.

johnf_456, Mar 7, 8:31pm
Why, no one can give magical figures over the phone or messageboards. A pro painter will need to see it himself, the key to a good job is good prep work. I suggest you think. Especially based on the fact no car type was stated in post one and it depends if its a proper sand and prime. Has some peoples diy method consists of a sand and prime which is far from what a pro painter considers ok.

johnf_456, Mar 7, 8:34pm
You shouldn't need to know the car you have stated your answer already as per post 2. As you have a good crystal ball.

hotlegend, Mar 7, 8:36pm
Painters have given quotes and seen the job I done which was instructed by them what I have done. They were happy with what they say was great for them to carry on and finish it. And yes we have had hot legend

xacoon, Mar 7, 9:22pm
he wasnt asking for quotes, merely ideas for a theme for his paintjob. I cannot see where he asked for figures! just ideas on a theme!

xacoon, Mar 7, 9:23pm
I was interested as a certain themed paintjob as per post 1 may suit one style of car but not another. my crystal ball doesnt work but my reading eyes do.

hotlegend, Mar 7, 9:52pm
Just ideas of colour or theme already have a budget and quotes between 4and6k for job. Maybe I should just put car back together and drive around and let kids paint their idea on it randomly

johnf_456, Mar 7, 10:23pm
lol yeah i got it wrong, you just get so use to morons asking how much to paint my car.

ct9a, Mar 7, 11:41pm
do a fading before and after image.

jezz43, Mar 7, 11:46pm
what is the purpose of the vehicle! a dedication to the people or the city!
will it be used to show or weekend driving or daily driving!

you could put peoples faces all over it and have something like the date of the quake and RIP and a bed of roses along the bottom of the car, or.

you could airbrush an CHCH landmark that was lost somewhere on the vehicle.

hotlegend, Mar 7, 11:55pm
ct9a sounds like would be a great idea thanks.
Purpose of the vehicl is to have it on show eventually and will only be taken out for show and maybe odd weekend drive into town (as we live rural).
This whole idea is just something that had affected so many people in the Canterbury region and would like to let others have their input on it. I know its just a car but its my pride and joy and love driving it. (already been 2yrs waiting to get done), so Im missing it heaps.
Hotrod Pete thanks for that will try and give him a call to see if he will do a quote also. Hopefully not too much hassle for him as there is about 10 piece body kit for it also that needs to be done and is included in all the quotes I have already received.

hotlegend, Jun 30, 10:45pm
ct9a thats great idea just wondering how to go about it and cost!
Any other great ideas also!