Putting rego on hold. I have a car thats comming off the road for sometime to have an engine conversion done it still has 4 mont

vag.central, Mar 14, 3:25am
I have a car thats comming off the road for sometime to have an engine conversion done, it still has 4 months of rego left, can I put it on hold now and when i go to use it have thos 4 months left or do I have to wait until it runs out basicaly wasting 4 months worth of rego!

pge, Mar 14, 3:35am
Welcome to the wonderful world of continuous licencing.

You have three choices.

1) You can claim back the unused licencing period.This will entail de-registration, and means all kinds of hassles when you want to put the car back on the road.

2) You can wait for the current licence to run out, then put it on hold.

3) Get the engine rebuilt quickly, and not waste the period it is off the road.

Frankly, #3 is your only viable option.

Good luck.

richms, Mar 14, 3:57am
It really sucks that you cant go on hold and have the remaining period carry over till you take it off hold. I can understand why tho, in that you have a license label that shows when it expires,

Can you change the vehicle class to the EA one mid license period and have them recalculate it!

jmma, Mar 14, 3:59am
Land transports website is full of information (o:

chris241, Mar 14, 4:12am
Yes you can change the class you just go in to post shop and fill in a form

shazza541, Mar 14, 4:12am
you can actually fill in a form that allows you to 'change the licencing expiry date' of your rego. usually its used if your putting extra time on before it is due but if you change it to run out before the date its currenrtly due to expire you will get re-imbursed. Then put it on hold from today.

smac, Mar 14, 5:32am
Wrong. The MR27 allows you to pick a date, but only a date after your current expiry. The only viable option here is to do the work, forget the licence. If you are still immobile when the expiry comes along, put it on exemption.

s.patete, Jul 17, 11:12am
Or put off doing the work till the rego expires then put on hold and do engine