Falcon Subwoofer

tradingfreak360, Mar 15, 1:46am
I have the premium sound pack in my BF Falcon but yesterday the subwoofer pretty much died, it makes a popping sort of a sound, maybe the dustcap cracked! Any way I think this is quite common in the premo sound and I was wondering is there any direct replacment sub out there, the factory is a 8" free air, mounted in the rear parcel tray.

quickstitch, Mar 15, 2:22am
My Au does the same. i have found that it only does it with a passenger in the car. It is a loose connection by the passengers kickpanel, under the carpet. yours may be the same.

tradingfreak360, Mar 15, 5:22am
Hmm.mine does it regardless of whether it has a passenger in the car or not. The sub crackles and vibrates so bad that I can' even hear the rest of the music.
Ford have quoted $500 for a new sub:o

demons, Mar 15, 6:21am
$500 for a sub that will crap out again same thing happen to my mates falcon i took wires off his. get it sealed or it will do the samr thing shit as . problem with free air

scotty20001, Mar 15, 6:25am

tradingfreak360, Mar 15, 7:33am
Yea I looking at that Pioneer sub before, I got told by Rapid Radio that its not a free air sub and that it can only be used in a sealed box even if the description on the box says its for both.

jasongroves, Mar 15, 7:56am
Its fine as a free air sub.

tradingfreak360, Mar 17, 1:57am
Got that Pioneer sub today from Mad Soundz today for $150, last one left there and no more stock was coming in. Anyway I ended up just running it off the factory amp, didn't want anything spectacular. Sound quality has improved quite a lot compared to the factory sub.

demons, Jul 28, 1:57pm
very cool, stink for him but $150 is good price