Chrysler to join V8 Supercars

Page 2 / 2
cuda.340, Jan 27, 5:38am
so. the current 4 door Charger or slot a 5 liter Hemi into an Avenger!

richardmayes, Jan 27, 5:42am
I think he meant:

"Maybe Holden could jump ahead to the 1920s and make an OHC engine"

socram, Jan 27, 7:23am
Sorry, but silhouette racing on common components does not float my boat at all. The fact that Tier 1 (OK, that old chestnut) can only manage 11 car grids should be sending a strong message that one make racing is just not attractive and merely stifles the ability of race engineers, (supposedly to create close racing) when what many enthusiasts want to see is a variety of cars with a basic framework of rules as opposed to rules to the nth degree as an excuse for penalising or excluding.
Take it as read that there is not a huge difference in driver ability when all are lapping within about a second of each other so it all becomes quite processional.
Dick Johnson may have grizzled about "wombats in billy carts" but Bathurst was just about the most fascinating annual race on earth in those days and 40+ years ago it was the Le Mans 24 hour race.

dante055, Jan 27, 7:35am
i think the biggest issue in racing becoming processional is the clutch and gearbox.bring back the H pattern with a full clutch.then the true racers will come to the fore.

patiki1, Jan 27, 8:06am
They do.Holden dont make any pushrod motor.