Electric fan's

Page 2 / 2
mrfxit, Mar 18, 2:47am
IF . theres no engine venting of gas's or even the slightist oil leak with in the engine bay .
Plus
Either you ONLY drive in fine weather or the engine bay is water proof .
Yep fine.

Bonnet & side vents along the lines of Mustang's/Cobra's /Gts's etc etc, are what I was talking about.

mrfxit, Mar 18, 2:48am
True altho it proves a point about very slow driving in a crowd or engine running while parked being an overheating issue on most vehicles.

socram, Mar 18, 8:00pm
From memory, my 1750cc Allegro's fan only ever cut in when stuck in heavy traffic, ditto the 1300cc Allegro, as the radiators were a fairly large size.In fact, I ended up blanking off the lower third of the radiator on the 1300cc - permanently.

Putting a pull through electric fan is the only logical place, as a fan situated in front merely stops cool air getting to the radiator in the first place -so the fan will probably need to cut in!

Ducting cool air direct to the radiator with no means of air escaping around it means it must go through - where it is needed.

johnf_456, Mar 18, 8:19pm
Yup like my old work hack the radiator is very capable and big for the size of the engine, could probably block off part of it and it would make no change. lol.

elect70, Mar 19, 1:09am
BMWsover killengine fan & electric at frontcuts in for the ACjust what need for jaffatraffic .

roys351, Aug 4, 9:49am
my 1950 bedford 4.1 twin 10s inside thermo switch welded into rad lots of jappas run 10s so are free or cheep thermo switch came from a jappa too i think it cost $100 with rad work as well .never overheats weighs 3 ton