Driving in the bus lane

rats123, Jun 24, 8:04am
Today I was on the main road and it was blocked up quite a way back. As soon as it hit 6 I jumped into the bus lane and drove down while others remained in the other lane. I felt a bit guilty doing this but I didn't do anything wrong, did I!

johnf_456, Jun 24, 8:12am
You did and depending if there was a guy standing on the side of the road with a camera you will get a fine in the mail.

pico42, Jun 24, 8:35am
Were you driving a bus at the time!

emmaj26, Jun 24, 8:39am
does the bus lane have hours that it works too! I know the bus lanes here usually are 7am-9am and cant remember the other one duirng peak though, if its outside the hours then there is nothing wrong with it. unless outside those hours the bus lane is used for parking

jsbike, Jun 24, 8:42am
Most can be used by cars certain hours. Motorbikes and busses can use them all hours.

saxman99, Jun 24, 9:08am
If you mean there was a sign stating that after 6pm it isn't a bus lane any more then you have done nothing wrong.Hopefully your watch is accurate.

rats123, Jun 24, 9:31pm
Yeah sorry, I forgot to mention the bus lane was between 4 - 6pm and I drove in it just after 6pm. So yes, aside from the guilt factor in watching all these poor people backed up for 100s of metres I wasn't doing anything wrong.

spunkeymonkey, Jun 24, 9:49pm
no you not do anything wrong just make sure that you dont have a bus up your bum as some of them will ride your 2773 hard as

elect70, Jul 23, 10:06pm
Try reading all theinfo on the signs for transit lanesas driving past , need to be speed reader to get it all in before youpassed it . The 1 at Manasaysaboutnumber of passengers , hours of operation &weekend useFirsttime nearly ran up the bum of car in fronttrying to read it all.