Car transport trailer STOLEN in NAPIER

skyline_guy_r34, Jun 21, 6:16pm
Not a gearlock thread.

My huge tandem axle braked trailer (approx 5.5metres long and 2.5metres wide) I used to transport my racecar was stolen over night in the Napier area.

Hoping if all Hawkesbay people in here could please keep an eye out for it. its black frame with treated ply on deck but only where the tyres would run up. It was fully rebuilt last year using led lighting and everything on it is new except the framing. It has angle iron at the rear of the trailer, and there have been grooves grinded into the angle iron to support the ramps I was using. These grooves have gone rusty. The wheels are 15inch (im pretty sure) 5 spoke roh wheels in a goldy/alloy colour.

Any information leading to the recovery will be rewarded.

Cheers guys

attitudedesignz, Jun 21, 6:36pm
Where was it taken from mate!
I'll put out the word over there.

mopar63, Jun 21, 6:50pm
will keep an eye out , just a flat trailer!, any tire racks or anything else to set it apart at a glance!

skyline_guy_r34, Jun 21, 7:28pm
It was stolen from te awa ave.

Its a flat trailer with slightly bent wheel arches (flimsy plating). No rack. Just a flat trailer.

Easiest features to distinguish are the roh wheels (probably taken off already) and the rusty grooves in the angle iron at the back, the wheel arches also have DO NOT STAND on them ( in yellow vinyl lettering) as they were so flimsy

smac, Jun 21, 9:00pm
It wasn't me. Although I think I know where you are. The house with BMW's on blocks all the time! ;)

moosie_21, Jun 22, 2:56am
Put a wheel clamp on it next time, then it will never be stolen, unlock the gearlock.

But in all seriousness, that sucks. Hope you find the f***ers and chop their nuts off.

skyline_guy_r34, Jun 22, 6:04am
Not me mate, those pricks are responsible for all the skids on te awa ave though. One of my first thoughts once I calmed down a bit, was maybe those guys. They look hungry for anything car related.

skyline_guy_r34, Jun 22, 6:04am
Usually have tyres chained together and a big padlock. But been off for the last few days as I was doing checks on trailer before I was meant to use it this friday coming up. Always the story.

bent_ate, Jun 23, 12:18pm
Why does that not suprise me from Te Awa, some scum around that area. Ill put the word out man, gutted for you, these trailers arent cheap. Regards

skyline_guy_r34, Jun 23, 9:28pm
No pics lying around on the computer I can find. but I know i had a few pics of the racecar on the trailer. bugger knows where they are.

skyline_guy_r34, Jun 23, 9:29pm
Cheers for helping get the word out.

Your right they aint cheap. tandem braked 2010 transporter.

Im wondering if they wanted the whole trailer (whats it good for besides scrap metal being stolen!) or if they wanted the very average 15inch roh rims on it.

johnf_456, Jun 23, 9:41pm
Got a picture I can send to some people I know down that way.

trader_84, Jul 19, 5:05pm
Mate, I hope you get a lead on its whereabouts. I am careful (read - 'almost anal') about the security of my tandem. They bloody go missing aye!! Mine is always locked down either in its parking space or when its being used behind my truck. My sons laugh at me but when they start having to pay for everything themselves . things will change. I know if someone wants it bad enough, it will go but the tactics I employ should delay the bastards long enough that I will hear them trying . so I can call the cops before going outside with a pacifier.