Carb recommendations please:)

jasongroves, May 30, 11:54am
Have an old B11 Sunny which I am transplanting a Ga16DS into (kindly sold to me for a very fair price by Elvis58).
Am wanting to put a larger carb on and so far all info I have points me towards a 32/36 Cortina DGAV carb.
Anyone in the know think this sounds about right!
Or can offer advice on a better option.
I'm not trying to build a race car (obviously) but just having a bit of fun with a cheap project to keep me out of trouble:)
Also, can anyone recommend anyone in Dunedin to rebuild whcihever carb I eventually decide to use! As I'm assuming whatever I use will need to get a bit of a refresh and possibly need to be re-jetted etc to suit the application.
Cheers to all that can help:)

jasongroves, May 30, 11:55am
Oh, and I've got to say thanks to snoop for sorting out the carb that is on the current engine.runs like a dream and you're a champ;)
Still owe you a favour too:)

snoopy221, May 30, 12:40pm
Ga16DSit'll run on dat ole son. might need a wee bit off a massage.
However what sorta manny folding ya got!
Ya know between the old she(engine) and the he (carb)-I.E i cld do ya a mean 32dg.LOL BUT as sated wiff a wee few progresion tweaks.it'll run on dat ole son. try it and tell me ole lad IF! I BUILT IT right-lol-caus i cn add a LOT more tWEAKS-LOL

snoopy221, May 30, 12:42pm
Also, can anyone recommend anyone in Dunedin to rebuild whcihever carb I eventually decide to use
Nah. juss can't it's against my religion pal.

jasongroves, May 31, 2:28am
So go with the Cortina carb ya reckon!
Manifold is just the standard GA16 jobby so will need to get an adaptor plate made up which shouldn't be too hard.
You mean the old E13 donk! It runs brilliantly.but shes a bit sluggish with a passenger or 2.
Apparently the GA16 is (almost) a straight bolt in.
I reckon with a well sorted Goat carb on it I might be on to a winner!
Can you recommend anyone up Stratford way! ;)

jasongroves, May 31, 11:46am

serf407, May 31, 7:56pm
Does anyone know if there is a weber carb chart or diagram available that has the mounting specs/ bolt, stud dimensions to work out what matches !
For many of the Nissans; a weber32/ 34 dtml is the suggested replacement.

jasongroves, Jun 11, 11:57am
Any more advice for me Mike:)

jasongroves, Jun 11, 11:59am
For what vehicle!

jasongroves, Jun 21, 11:35am
Bump for Snoop on the night shift;)

snoopy221, Jun 21, 11:38am
Yea. i come in pease.

ceebee2, Jul 16, 9:41pm
I would try the Nissan SSS carbs as they are larger jetted to the sport version and should bolt on.

Cheers CeeBee (Auto Tech 30 years)