Fuel dampner?

barbuzz, Jun 17, 7:10am
Hi guys & gals. I am getting vibration from an after market extenal injected fuel pump on my van. Apparently in order to stop this, I need a fuel dampner/dampener! up close to the injector rail! Anyone know where I can get one! VN v6 in Hiace. Fuel consumption is also crap so if anyone knows how I can minimize this as well, would very much be appreciated. $2 a Km lol. Cheers.

jsbike, Jun 17, 7:20am
I have a factory one from a an rb25det powered stagea, worth anything to you!

barbuzz, Jun 17, 7:33am
Are they all the same! So i can use any model car one! Any place I can get one new! If it isn't too dear, considering I need to have fuel money lol.

jsbike, Jun 17, 7:38am
the only sort I have seen is the sort I have. its mounted on the fuel return line, not sure if they are engine specific

barbuzz, Jun 17, 7:51am
Would it help with my fuel consumption! My V8 Statesman gets 3x the distance. If I can't find one in Auckland, I could be interested, js.

crzyhrse, Jun 17, 8:29am
Sure you're not confusing it with the fuel pressure regulator found on fuel rails which bleeds off the pressure over and above the specified level! What the OP wants is an accumulator to damp the pulses from the pump and from the fuel line pressure drop due to the injectors firing.

crzyhrse, Jun 17, 8:32am
Not noticeably. It's really just for stopping the pressure variation due to the injectors - sort of like preventing water hammer.

crzyhrse, Jun 17, 8:33am

barbuzz, Jun 17, 8:36am
I'm not sure. My fuel pump is vibrating through the floor so you get the sound when you turn the key to the on position all the time once its starts up & I was told I needed a fuel dampener.

crzyhrse, Jun 17, 8:40am
Well, it sounds to me like you just need to mount the fuel pump on an isolator. It's electromechanical vibration, not fluid.

crzyhrse, Jun 17, 8:41am

crzyhrse, Jun 17, 8:43am
Try these guys:
http://www.hancock.net.nz/

We've used them for motor mounts.

jsbike, Jun 17, 8:43am
no, its def a dampener. The fuel pressure reg is on the end of my fuel rail, the dampener is on the return line, after the fuel pressure reg. Though in saying that, from reading the OP's ;ast post, he needs a fuel pump dampening mount, not a fuel pressure dampener!

crzyhrse, Jun 17, 8:45am

crzyhrse, Jun 17, 8:47am
Weird. I wouldn't think a damper on the return line would do anything - that's low pressure and open to the tank. Normally a damper is just tee-d into the high pressure side.

jsbike, Jun 17, 8:58am
I thought the same, though last 3 25det powered engines I have had in cars had that setup, in that order. for some reason the older 2L turbos never had them in the system

zephyrheaven, Jun 17, 9:07am
Get some off a broken down B4 Legacy (trust me there are thousands of them around) they sit where the fuel filter would be in an earlier generation Subaru - very good at their job

barbuzz, Jun 23, 5:51pm
After reading about the fuel pressure dampners, it seems like that would be the one I want. Tried mounting the fuel line on rubber but still had the vibration. Unbolted the first bolt of fuel line closest to the pump & no vibration. So should i get one of these! And was told it goes on the high pressure side.