Motoring MB 'Paint off', who's keen?

Page 1 / 2
attitudedesignz, Jun 12, 6:36am
Ok so i had a thought for something that may be a little fun for the painters / artists who frequent the motoring message board.
Also for the people who would like to 'have a go' at doing something arty.

Haven't got it 100% sorted yet but it will be along these lines.

1; We all have to use the same base item, be it a motorcycle tank, motorcycle helmet, clock, rubbisn bin (steel) or even a coffee table. (I'm leaning towards tank or helmet, they're around for little or even no $)

2; It HAS to be your own work.

3; You can use any paint medium you like, but preferably automotive refinish products (Spray cans fall into automotive so buy yaself a couple cans and have a go)

So i think we will start it at a time when everyone has their stuff together and voting will be by other MB members by way of the people entered put the pic's in here via their "my photo's" section.

The winner gets a choccy fish supplied by me.well c'mon did ya think i'd supply a trophy lol.

Soooooo who's in.

Attitudedesignz.

gunhand, Jun 12, 6:46am
Im doing an old James motorcycle shortly so ill enter it. Oh and im no artist unfortunalty, as in air brushing etc.

noswalg, Jun 12, 6:49am
I can supply a car to be painted (painter, colour and style to be chosen by me) any time is fine. Happy to help!

attitudedesignz, Jun 12, 6:49am
All good gun, i'm no artist myself lol.

dr.doolittle, Jun 12, 6:56am
There. I've deleted my post.
Happy!

attitudedesignz, Jun 12, 6:58am
Was hoping this thread would stay on track but i guess not.

gunhand, Jun 12, 7:02am
Ill post a pic tomorrow of the XE panelvan roof ive just painted. Be shiney as.

attitudedesignz, Jun 12, 7:03am
Thank you sir.

noswalg, Jun 12, 7:08am
I'm not deleting mine, my offer still stands (with an added clause of not having to supply materials)

attitudedesignz, Jun 12, 7:14am
Good luck with that.

brad166, Jun 12, 7:15am
yeah why not. As long as the thing being painted is cheap enough to source

attitudedesignz, Jun 12, 7:18am
Onya mate. Yeah, that's why i thought tank or helmet. Nearly everyone knows someone with a sh*itty old bike or someone with a helmet at the back of the wardrobe somewhere lol.

flat_white_ltd, Jun 12, 7:36am
be keen to do a tank or helmet.
.hell.I'd be happy to send a bunch of lawnmower bodies around the place, to you guys if you want to pimp those suckers up.& the judge could auction the winning item off, i s'pose & do something vaguely "feelgood" with the proceeds !

(.or not ).

attitudedesignz, Jun 12, 7:37am
HMMM i think you may be on to some thing there Ant.

flat_white_ltd, Jun 12, 7:42am
( lol. that was quick.John !.)
.i'm good for the offer. i don't post in here all the time.but if there's a few others keen. I'm pretty sure you've got my email addy somewhere!
( can always get me through "services" listing, if you need to )

rob_man, Jun 12, 7:50am
Pity I sold my old Les Paul Epiphone, I could have done a number on that. My Strat is sacred.

saxman99, Jun 12, 7:56am
That is correct.

trogedon, Jun 12, 8:09am
"sacred" or just scared!!

rob_man, Jun 12, 8:13am
Terrified.

attitudedesignz, Jun 12, 8:13am
Yep that's the plan trog', i think flat white is on to something with the mower bodies.

howz_that, Jun 12, 8:21am
Some one doing pinstriping could be intresting on a mower body

gunhand, Jun 12, 8:23am
Now I just dont get to do stuff like that lol. Cool.

berg, Jun 12, 8:23am
Very nice

johnf_456, Jun 12, 8:24am
Nice mate

guider1, Jun 12, 8:26am
That tank is cool attitudedesignz. well done.