2008 suzuki sx4 fuel economy

xr6turbo2, Jun 8, 5:50am
Any one know what the fuel economy is like for a 2.0l automatic suzuki sx4,ive been told they are not that flash.
Also what differences are there between a jap inport and a nz new sx4.
Thinking of buying one,just doing some research.
Thanks Al

nickolaz, Jun 8, 6:40am
This vehicle has a fuel consumption of 8.4L per 100km, an annual fuel cost of $2,180 and a fuel economy rating of 4.0 out of 6. (Source: Fuelsaver)

jsbike, Jun 9, 8:11am
not sure what NZ new ones have but my parents base model 1500cc fwd one has adjustable headlight level, keyless entry and start, factory tints, abs, alloys, airbags, fog lamps, bodykit around the wheel arches, roofrack.

thejazzpianoma, Jun 9, 9:12am
If you could cope with manual I suspect there might just be a handful around with the wicked Fiat 1.9 DIesel (I have seen the odd Grand Vitara in NZ with that motor and know that SX4's at least got them overseas). Those would be a real cracker unit not just because they are good on gas (which they are even when hacking around or loaded) but that motor is bombproof, super low maintenance and has plenty of usable power.

That 1.9 Fiat unit is the most well proven common rail diesel on the market, it was the first common rail in production and the slightly updated version the SX4 uses is still in production today and remains one of the best diesel engines on the market.

3tomany, Jun 9, 9:34am
my dad has one and the trip computer says 9 km to the litre and it has never been reset since new done 60000 and driven very slowly. so a good indication. my xr is a bit better than that. it does 10.5 per 100k average driving under same road conditions but i dont go slow.

vtecintegra, Jun 9, 9:47am
You probably won't find a diesel SX4 here, it'll be the old Suzuki 2l petrol

8.4/l 100km sounds bang on for what you could expect for a normal combined cycle, at least in the 2wd (4wd is heavier and has more drive train overhead)

3tomany, Jun 9, 10:35pm
are you talking 2wd or 4wd i forgot they came in 2wd ours is 4wd

ashwattau, May 26, 9:07am