Paint ?

sigvat1, Jun 9, 9:57am
single potor two potwhat is the easyist to usefor a non painter,i have no painting skills and can not afford to pay so i want to have a go myself

babytears, Jun 9, 9:58am
huh! To paint what exactly!

sigvat1, Jun 9, 10:01am
to paint a trike frame fuel tank and gaurds

beno, Jun 9, 10:19am
do it in acrylic laquer. you cant stuff it up and only need to add thinners to the paint.

hijacka, Jun 9, 10:56am
Spray can

toxicgreen., Jun 9, 10:59am
Use spraycan Lacquer colour(make sure parts are warm at this time of year) 18degs approx . Then acrylic clear over top.

franc123, Jun 9, 11:05am
If you've got no painting skills using two pot is the last thing you want to be attempting.If you don't have a compressor of any sort and don't want to fork out for a spraygun you'd be best to just use a decent quality aerosol paint.

unclejake, Jun 9, 11:50am
Two pack goes on just like any other paint. All you have to do is mix it right and be aware that there is a touch of cyanide in the hardener.

Having said that - the labour cost of spraying a finish coat is bugger all. The money is in the time taken to prepare it all and the materials. If you have no money then perhaps POR15 the frame with a brush and save up for the rest to be done by someone that already has all the gear!

grangies, May 25, 2:02pm
If you're definitely going to do it yourself, then make sure you use a solid colour. Don't try and paint it metallic if you have no paint experience at all. It will end in tears, with expensive paint down the drain.