Skyline 250GT Auto or CVT?

ct9a, Jun 8, 12:58am
if seviced correctly with OE oil should be fine ,if not dont bother

vtecintegra, Jun 8, 1:00am
Standard auto, probably a four speed as its an earlier car

The 300GT has a five speed which is a bit nicer, the 350GT has a CVT

siobhan41, Jun 8, 1:06am
Thanks guys.
Would the 300gt have similar fuel consumption and specs!.

vtecintegra, Jun 8, 1:18am
The 300GT is generally slightly higher specced, has the bigger engine (45 more horsepower), 5 speed auto, 17" wheels and most have the premium stereo with steering wheel controls, dual zone air conditioning, auto headlights but these are options on the 250GT too.

As for fuel consumption it should be relatively similar maybe a little worse around town but maybe slightly better at open road speeds (due to gearing)

As you're asking about reliability you should be aware these cars have direct injection engines which come with their own set of possible issues and really need high octane fuel to run right.Wouldn't put me off though, my 300GT is running fine with twice that mileage.

jason18, Jun 8, 1:21am
If its got cvt it will probably be an xtroid (i think) CVT. handles higher power and is bloody nice to drive.

vtecintegra, May 18, 6:51pm
The CVT is a weird one, its not the same one they put into any other Nissan and was only in production for a couple of years and was only put into the 350GT sedan (not coupe) for those years (newer models of the 350GT sedan have the normal 5 speed).

The 350GT is significantly less economical anyway so that'd be reason to avoid it if you're asking about fuel consumption.