Are all Nissan 2001+ Primera's CVT?

siobhan41, May 31, 9:08pm
Hi all
Been looking at a couple of Primera's this weekend and they all seemed to be CVT which I'm trying to avoid.
Are they all CVT or do they come in a normal automatic trans!.

Thanks

vtecintegra, Jun 1, 12:18am
Most P12s were CVT

Some of the 4WDs were a normal auto, as were some very basic 1.8s.There was also a manual of the high performance one but there aren't many around

r15, Jun 1, 12:20am
are you looking at the P11 model or P12 model primeras!

2001+ could mean 2002, which was the first year of P12

in which case im fairly sure there is no normal auto, and there are 3 engine options - SR20VE, ad 2 others i cant remember the name of - one being 2000cc the other being 2500cc. the 2 litre (found in the early import P12's) is a bit gutless for quite a big car and therefore thirsty around town, also the 2500 offers tiptronic to go with the cvt, while the 2 litre doesnt.

wizid, Jun 1, 3:13am
whyr u trying to avoid them .thay r better than a manual . or auto.

vtecintegra, Jun 1, 3:35am
In theory.In practice the earlier ones didn't deliver either the performance or fuel economy advantages they were supposed to, especially at low speeds

jason18, Jun 1, 3:44am
I bought an 04 primera wagon qr20de I think it is. Inlaws have a normal auto qr20de. I dont like my car. When we bought it the cvt was toast. Got it replaced with another funny one and finally have a good one. Still dont like the car now as its been nothing but a pain so i keep expecting something else to go wrong

siobhan41, Jun 1, 3:45am
Only reason I'm avoiding them is that I have been told they can be unrealiable if not serviced and rebuilding can cost a fortune.
Guess I could just be worrying about nothing.

jason18, Jun 1, 4:47am
Rebuilding doesnt cost a fortune.

wrong2, Jun 1, 5:52am
ha ha!

but seriously, the only manual P12s are imports

all NZ new P12s are CVT

jason18, Apr 25, 8:18pm
Manual p12 has the sr20ve. Very nice to drive 6 speed manual.