04-06 Accord euro

Page 1 / 5
thegravelracer, Jun 1, 8:44am
hi, Im thinking about getting a new cruzier /family car and as i tend to stick to hondas and lening towards a euro/R accord. i was wondering if anyone here has got or drivein one i havent yet but i love the look of them and like the idea of the ivtec engine ect ,input plz

pandai, Jun 1, 8:52am
Very nice cars.Go drive one!

phillip.weston, Jun 1, 8:59am
^^ what he said. Fantastic cars.

johnf_456, Jun 1, 9:01am
Very nice cars ^^^^

craig04, Jun 1, 9:04am
^^^ Great cars (no Passat though).

grangies, Jun 1, 9:05am
No. Not a Passat.

They are much nicer.

richardmayes, Jun 1, 9:11am
Lovely cars.

Kerb weight is 1600kg so they are bigger lumps than their looks suggest. I've only driven a 2.4 litre one, I imagine the base 2.0 litre version might be a bit sluggish.!

Beautiful ride & handling, but front tyres do not last long if you use the handling to its full potential a lot.

On Japanese imports the stereo/heater console sometimes causes grief (because the error messages on the screen are all in Japanese!)

clark20, Jun 1, 9:32am
What car are you talking about Richard!

The 2004 2.0L type R Accord Euro gets 220hp, and is less than 1400kg, they do low-mid 15s in the 1/4

phillip.weston, Jun 1, 9:42am
not all the 2.0L are the type R though. there are a few base model jap import 2.0L models floating about which are a far cry from the K20A powered ones.

andy61, Jun 1, 9:50am
I have a 2003 Accord Euro,very nice car to drive,economical on fuel,I find the seats and ride a wee bit too firm.If you get an auto,ensure the ATF is changed regulary(80000kms as recommended by Honda )as they can get a bit shuddery if negected.

ct9a, Jun 1, 11:18pm
well my partner is wanting a new vehicle

best thing ive driven yet is a 06 atenza

scotty no offence but the commy is poorly made compared to the honda and atenzas
even my partner with absolutly zilch knowledge except where the gas goes picked it to bits.

phillip.weston, Jun 1, 11:21pm
Not everyone wants an over-sized whale. The Accord is a good size, good on fuel, plenty of power from the 2.4 and even more power from the K20A powered ones. Build quality is great. Interior fit and finish is great. Looks and styling is great. Ride quality and handling is great. Can't say I've found the steering 'dreadful'. I would hardly say a VZ SV6 is three times the car, to me it's not even comparing apples with apples.

thegravelracer, Jun 1, 11:42pm
thanks guys therez a few on here at a good price that i might have a look at ,
PS scotty man i wouldnt swap my da6 integra for a sv6 lol had one as a rental for a week and ill never go back now they are boats thirsty as hell and handle like a tube bein pulled by a dingy lol ,each to there own i guess

vtecintegra, Jun 2, 12:13am
Just a small point but the lesser 2l is still a K20a, just a lower performing version.

richardmayes, Jun 2, 1:18am
No.

Commodores that age are horrible cars. Noisy, harsh ride, floaty back end if you push them.
Whenever I drove my bosses' Euro Accord out of town I used to easily hang in behind sales rep Commodores in straight line acceleration, and the Accord destroyed them through any sort of twisties as long as it was in the right gear.

And oh man did it piss them off! Holden people are funny like that.

vtecintegra, Jun 2, 1:59am
lol

Anyway the Euro is assembled in Japan, the V6 Accord comes from Thailand (or possibly Malaysia)

michael.benn, Jun 2, 4:46am
Not even gonna dignify that with a thought out response. Think about what you're typing.

richardmayes, Jun 2, 5:10am
So cool you needed two goes at it.

thunderbolt, Jun 2, 5:23am
210KW! if you are going to spout one eyed BS, at least get your numbers right.

The final chapter of the third generation series was the VZ Commodore. Debuting in 2004 with a new series of V6 engines known as the Alloytec V6, both 175 kilowatts (235 hp) and 190 kilowatts (250 hp) versions of the 3.6 litre engine were offered.[120] These were later upgraded to 180 and 195 kilowatts (241 and 261 hp) respectively in the VE model.

Lets not mention that the falcon hands the VZ its ass on a plate when you add torque figures to the discussion.

gunhand, Jun 2, 5:31am
Ever get the impression someone got abducted by a Japanese UFO and anal probed and just can not forgive them. mind you I guess I would be a we bit anti to lol.

wrong2, Jun 2, 5:47am
your tugging it

it takes the holden an extra liter & a half - & 2 extra cylinders to match the accord ! wow those hondas must really suck then

for a 4 cylinder engine powering that heavy a car, the Honda K series are grunty as hell - add in the far nicer ride , the better handeling - & you can end up keepingthe Holden

richardmayes, Jun 2, 5:50am
Yes I know. It's weird, huh!

It's almost as if I've driven both cars and I'm giving my own opinion based on my own experiences of them!

(Nah, surely not. EVERYONE on here just spouts armchair fanboy BS, right!
It's not just me, right!)

gunhand, Jun 2, 5:50am
Why Honda then. They really are not that bad. Older ones were rust buckets but the motors lasted forever. 10 zillion sold cant be wrong. You see not everyone gives a poo about cars and its just transport to them. Ive had a few and while not sports cars or the size of a holden they were nice and reliable, comfortable and fuel economy was good. Had Commys my self and the hondas got me the same place at the same time as holden. And abit more comfy to.
And Im pretty sure I read a post where you said you would never be caught dead in a jappa. That be why I think you really hate them all.

ct9a, Jun 2, 5:54am
scotty may be refering to the k24 NZ new example!

the jdm models are far better then nz new

the euro R with k20a would be alot quicker on any race track and with the silkiy 6speed lsd to match makes very nice driving

stevo2, Jun 2, 6:15am
The Accord Euro is a very good car that got great reviews when it was released. The Motoring writers had trouble picking between the Accord and the Mazda6
cheers Stevo